Purchase angora rabbit, colour question

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catherine99

Reaction score
We are looking at purchasing a angora rabbit for the fibre and as a pet.

I am assume that the fibre from light coloured rabbit would dye better.

We have found a breeder.

Who has few babies available for sale.

agouti & black

2 agouti (with white marks) and chocolate or cinnamon

Which one would you choose and why?

Catherine99":3x6btcw7 said:
I am assume that the fibre from light coloured rabbit would dye better.

We have found a breeder.

Who has few babies available for sale.

agouti & black

2 agouti (with white marks) and chocolate or cinnamon

Which one would you choose and why?

I think you may have answered your own question there. Is there a reason you want to use this breeder particularly? Because if you're really looking for wool that can be dyed more easily, I would keep looking until I find someone with a REW or Himalayan rabbit (not sure if himalayans are common in angoras, but I've seen plenty of REW). If you would be happy with darker wools, the lighter rabbits from this breeder's litters should work fine, but keep in mind that you probably won't be able to dye it baby blue or anything like that. Natural colored wool clothes can look very pretty though, especially if they come from a broken patterned rabbit. :)

Google "chestnut angora rabbit", "chocolate angora rabbit" and "tort angora rabbit"

They are all quite similar and a mousy brown colour so personally I'd pick the one with fur that is better fibre quality and/or the sweeter more tolerant temperament

Frosty or ermine or blue eyed white angora also have light fur

Sable points have a cream colour

Nymphadora":2gab31bi said:
Catherine99":2gab31bi said:
I think you may have answered your own question there. Is there a reason you want to use this breeder particularly? Because if you're really looking for wool that can be dyed more easily, I would keep looking until I find someone with a REW or Himalayan rabbit (not sure if himalayans are common in angoras, but I've seen plenty of REW). If you would be happy with darker wools, the lighter rabbits from this breeder's litters should work fine, but keep in mind that you probably won't be able to dye it baby blue or anything like that. Natural colored wool clothes can look very pretty though, especially if they come from a broken patterned rabbit. :)

They are the only breeder can find in the whole state of Victoria. I have found some cross breed angora on "gumtree". The Occassion one listed at purebreed but not sure be able to tell whether it purebred. I believe by purchasing from this breeder I at least get a purebred rabbit.

__________ Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:22 pm __________

Dood":2gab31bi said:
Google "chestnut angora rabbit", "chocolate angora rabbit" and "tort angora rabbit"

They are all quite similar and a mousy brown colour so personally I'd pick the one with fur that is better fibre quality and/or the sweeter more tolerant temperament

Frosty or ermine or blue eyed white angora also have light fur

Sable points have a cream colour

I believe this is the same rabbit and the breeder is at this time not positive whether it will end up being chocolate or Cimmamon.

Back