Processed for the first time..

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ipoGSD

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
So my german shepherd lately has been refusing to eat the fur on his rabbits. He does great with rabbit meat and because he cant handle raw pork but our 3 little dogs can. Hes the main one who has been getting rabbit meat. And its kind of hard to cut a rabbit in so many pieces without all kinds of stuff from the intestines going everywhere. (Our 3 little dogs are a chihuahua & 2 min pins)

So tonight i dispatched 4 and processed them.

I skinned all of them & removed most of the intestines in 3 of them (Only because i didnt want to deal with all that grossness when cutting up and bagging the meat for the little dogs) this was the first time ive done this but was happy to see normal livers.

Steel had his bunny & a lambs heart. The girls each have a whole rabbit but most of the pieces were frozen.

It was gross but the worst part is still the dispatch. Breaks my heart every time. But i know they were loved and spoiled until the end..

Mine are going on 15 week for this same reason. Big 281 pound man has a heart after all. :D

I know for me it's never easy. I don't look forward to it at all, but for my purposes it's necessary. I agree, dispatch is the hardest. I try hard not to get too attached... it's still taking the life of a living thing. I think it's more than normal to dislike that process...

Back