Prince Harry peed at me!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TF3

Reaction score
What the?! :x
My sweet NZR buck has sprayed at me the last two nights!

Last night I went out with my husband for night check and Harry stood up tall in his cage and sprayed. I thought it was a fluke. But he did it again tonight... Stretched up and let 'er rip. I heard it as it hit my arm... And I was a good 4 feet away and basically at a right angle from him.

I do not know whether to be offended or impressed!

He is such a puppy love and adores attention.
The only change is the overhead light hubby put up (and these last two nights I turned it on, I had just been using a flashlight).

Otherwise, he, along with the other mature bucks (Harry is almost 7 months and has been bred), is in the top level of cages, with does between and below. My free ranging Flemish buck is on the floor so I have put the other boys up to try and prevent any contact bringing on a peeing contest so to speak.

I could limit Harry's damage by putting him in a lower corner so he can't spray all over the place but I think he and the floor buck might make it worse.

Any input?
(It's ok to laugh-- I did, covered in hot pee!)

TF3":191pbbtz said:
What the?! :x
Any input?(It's ok to laugh-- I did, covered in hot pee!)

I've laughed covered in face-level hot pee before. :oops:

Well, what else can you do ? :lol:

The most effective thing I've found to help control a spraying buck is to keep him where the cannot see other rabbits. That's not that much fun for the buck..

I did have a needy velveteen buck who really liked to spray me.
He was given a stuffed animal for...company. :lovers:

I guess he was too busy to spray after that..
However..that poor stuffed rabbit was given NO rest!!

Well, then.

:x :lol:
His next door neighbour is (or should be) pregnant and due in a week and the doe below him is nursing. In fact the only unbred does are young grow outs as far from him as possible!

So I wonder about putting a partition between him and the doe next door? That would create visual isolation. Maybe I'll try giving him a stuffed friend. I'd hate to move him because he is in The best spot for attention. But ew!

I do need to cut my # of bucks but I like them all so well!

( between breeding and stuffed proxies and everything else I feel like a dirty pimp some days!!)

Aww he wuvs you!! :oops: :oops:

I don't know, seems to be a thing they go through at puberty.
Setting them up so they can't see any other rabbits does seem to help though.

I've never heard of giving a rabbit a stuffed animal friend... that's... :lol:

Well, this is going to backfire on him.
Literally!
I hung a sheet of clear plastic across the front of his cage, so after his next attempt I plan to gloat and declare "right back atcha!".
Because this is my life.
Outsmarting ardent rabbits.

Back