Pregnant doe? Help!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Numbivory

Reaction score
I got my newest doe (dora) the Sunday before last and was told by the breeder i got her from that she had been bred to one of his bucks "about" 3 weeks prior. He could not give me an exact date, but she has enlarged nipples and her belly looks a bit large. I have not had a pregnant doe since i was a small child, and wanted to get back into raising rabbits as i enjoyed it so much when i was younger. Now dora has been here for almost 2 weeks and no babies. She made her nest about 3 days after i brought her home and has become very moody... Is she pregnant or having a false pregnancy? The breeder didnt seem to know exactly when she was bred, only that she had been...

She is probably too far along for palpating, but watch her belly for signs of movement. Gently rolling is digestion, sharp jolts are kits. The kits kick after about 26 days of pregnancy.
I would keep the nest box in for a while.

Do the kicks kind of look like her side is twitching? I havent really seen any movement aside from that...

Yes, that is exactly what i have been seeing. I wasnt sure because shes so fluffy and very rarely on her side. Im hoping for kits soon, im so excited. This will be doras second litter, although her previous owner said her first did not go well. (She stopped taking care of them about a week in) i am very hopeful for a good momma this time around. Fingers crossed!

I will definitely keep everyone utd! Thankyou all for the advice and information: ) <br /><br /> -- Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:14 am -- <br /><br /> Well, i put dora in with my buck to see if she would refuse him as a sign of prenancy... She lay down and lifted, and when he was done, she she started humping him! I have no idea what this means. She is definitely a female, no question on gender. Any ideas?

Rabbits will still breed when pregnant. If she is close to kindling then this can sometimes stimulate them to give birth.

For the humping, that's a dominance thing, and totally normal. Lots of does do it. They sometimes also do it if they want to be bred.

Back