potential prowler

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shara

Reaction score
kitten.jpg

This is my new male kitten, as yet unnamed. His mommy is feral... Caught in my apartment complex, I estimate him to be about four weeks. Any ideas how to feed him? is he old enough to not need replacer? Does he still need me to potty him? how do you treat fleas in a kitten this young? he is CRAWLING with them.

Isn't he ADORABLE?!?!?

I need name Ideas!

I'll post better pics tommorrow... :)<br /><br />__________ Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:42 pm __________<br /><br />I just wanted to say, he is eating canned cat food very well, and even played a bit with me! Oh, and hubby, who HATES cats, was the one to tell the woman to bring them over to show me, because he knew I'd want one! how sweet is that?!?! I love my DH :D

Awwwwwwwwwwwww... he's such a cutie pie! (I see a sibling down there too!) Sweet DH, too! :) Maybe cats will grow on him like they did my dad. He did NOT want a cat, but finally gave in. The kitten we got adopted him, and he finally got to where he couldn't be without a cat! :lol:

I'm not sure what else, I'm sure there are other ways in a kitten this young, but you can treat them with food-grade Diatomaceous Earth. You rub it into the fur every 5-7 days for 4-6 weeks I think. The DE cuts the exoskeleton of the fleas, and they dry out and die. However, it is harmless to mammals. Just make sure it is FOOD GRADE, because the pool grade is toxic. You can get it online, and at some feed stores.

Name? Rascal. Just from the look on his face. :lol:

Goat's milk would probably be better for him than cow's milk, because of the protein difference. I've had cow's milk give cats diarrhea. :x

with fleas that young, I'd make sure I kept him relatively confined with things that I'd have no problem burning or tossing.

Don't think at that age you can treat with revolution...could be wrong... call your vet. :)

I like the name Bubbles. But, I'm a huge Trailer Park Boys fan! (it's a Canadian cable show). Freakin' hilarious. and Bubbles is my favorite character. He REALLY likes kitties, lol

there is kitten revolution - but check with vet a single picture is pretty hard to age a kitten from - I bet he's over 5 weeks so should do just fine now that he's in loving hands

he will not need any milk at all and in fact will eat kibble as well as canned now he will use a litter box very happily and should be taking cre of his grooming

the fleas can kill him though so it's important to be aggressive in treating them

my first step would be a bath with soap and water - dry him very well though and run whatever beeding he had through a HOT wash with bleach ...

Thanks guys! he is such a cute baby, and nly once in a while he hisses a little, but I am sure that will stop quickly. My other cat was a feral, probably about three months, and I broght him around. He turned out to be a sweetie, almost like another kid, but cleaner.I am excited to see how this little guy grows up, and being a second time kitty mommy, I have new ideas, and have researched more on training cats... :)

Pics coming in a few minutes<br /><br />__________ Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:43 am __________<br /><br />
Photo0824.jpg

Photo0823.jpg

Photo0827.jpg

and one when he got his dish soap bath!

Photo0822.jpg

I am still looking for names for my bundle of joy!I do like the name Rascal, though, and it might stick...

Rascal is a good name, but for some reason the name Simon keeps popping into my head. No idea why! :shrug:

He's beautiful! Will his eyes stay that lovely blue, do you think? With the dark points he has a Siamese look.

I hope they stay blue!I do like the name Simon, it would be a great grown up cat name, too. My other cats name is Wallace, for the character William Wallace in Braveheart, because my cat is so afraid of everything, lol. I was hoping to give him courage with his name.

he looks old enough that his eyes may stay blue
also the blue is a pretty bright blue not the dark often more typical baby blue ...

He looks like my recently deceased Monster. I've been looking for a replacement Siamese mix. I miss his blue eyes. Good luck on your new kitten.

He does look quite Siamese, and I do think he will keep the blue eyes. :)

You're right, Rascal might be a cute kitten name, but Simon might be a more dignified cat name. Of course, he may never turn out to be a dignified cat... :lol:

I adore his color...

Others have suggested names, I played with Arther, thought about Odie (dog on Garfield) my nephew is dead set on White Black and Gray Snow as his name :shock: But I think it is between Rascal (which I LOVE) and Simon, which is a handsome name, but he doesn't LOOK like a Simon, yet. He might stay a nameless kitty, until his personality comes out a little more.

Okay, there is a third name in the running. Smokey. I like the name because he does look like smoke.

a LOT of cats end up named Smokey

not sure if that matters to you or not

we had a lovely Frankie once (for frank Sinatra and his lovely blue eyes) and a Fernando for the every loving bull of cartoon fame :)

Hmmm... Somehow I can't see such a stunning cat being happy with a common name like Smokey when his buddy has a distinguished name like Wallace. Take your time... something perfect will come to you. In the meantime, he'll answer to "kitty-kitty". :D

you guys are right, with boys name Caelin and Tristan, a cat named Wallace, Smokey IS too common sounding...He'll probably let me know his name eventually....

He looks like a blue point siamese. Does he have any white patches on him? I adopted a chocolate point female once and she turned out to be a 3 for one deal when she gave birth.. The kittens were a mix and they all looked like the father; black and white and blue and white. Kept the male and he accidentally bred her again when he was about 4 months or just after he got neutered and they had a siamese looking one and one just like him. The chocolate point girl ended up with white paws and a white strip on her nose over the siamese points.It was very funny looking! called the girl Rocky as in raccoon lol and the boy Gideon.

He does have white patches, by his shoulder blades, and a few more scattered.

Lol at the Gremlins reference! I thought the same thing with that pic!

Latest posts

Back