Fur Mite Question

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pfaubush

Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago, someone offered me 8 free breeding NZW does. I drove an hour and a half to get them and when I got there, they had ear and fur mites, BAD :evil: . The ear mites were awful, but I have that under control (with the exception of one, who has been treated with oil twice and still has crusties). I used pour on Ivomec behind the ears and they are really starting to look better. I am going to treat them again next Wednesday, for the 21 day life cycle of the fur mites. My question is, how do I know when they are totally gone? I don't see anything in their fur. I never did. The scaley skin is gone and it looks healthy, but I want to be sure before adding them to 'general population'. I usually go a month in quarantine, but do I need to go longer in this situation? I've got what looks like a MASH unit set up outside, because I have Chris' shop set up with quarantine rabbits on both sides of it. My hutches are on the other side of the property from my bunny barn, so I actually have 5 separate rabbitries set up and it is getting to be a feeding and watering nightmare. My kids can't even help me right now, because there are specific 'protocols' in place to keep everyone isolated. Thoughts?

Latest posts

Back