Games Bunnies Play

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaggieJ

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
We're talking mind games here, folks, not binkies. ;)

Here are a few that my bunnies like to play:

:tease: Are there Buns in my Oven? A simple guessing game that does like to play. She shows no signs of pregnancy up until the very last moment... and then when you figure she's not pregnant after all, she presents you with a fine litter and a bunny smirk of satisfaction. :cute:

:bdh: The Dead Buck Game You go into the rabbitry and your favourite buck is flat out on his side, seemingly not breathing. No amount of calling his name or prodding seems to get a response. Just when you're ready to go dig a hole out back, he stirs slightly, gives himself a shake and asks what's for supper. :twisted:

:nana: Nya-nya! You Can't Make Me! A game enjoyed by all rabbits of all ages. The object is simple: drive the bunny caregiver crazy by refusing to do the simplest things. Can be applied to eating, drinking, breeding, caring for kits or any other aspect of daily bunny life. :grit:

:razz2: Cold Butt aka The Great Bunny Snit You do some small thing that offends one of your rabbits. The rabbit immediately turns his back on you and shuns you for hours or days, depending on the degree of offendedness. Half the time, you don't even know what you did wrong. :shrug:

There are more... and I will post them as they occur to me. Hope others will relate some of their bunnies' favourite mind games. :D

:wizard: What Sex Am I This Week? A fun little games played by youngsters. They really enjoy this one when you have a waiting list of buyers.

:hobbyhors Escape Hatch Hurry up! If we get all of this food eaten, we can squirrel our way out through the J-feeder! That crazy woman LOVES to play chase!!!

By the way, I HATE the dead buck game!

Those are good ones, Paula!

There is also:
:tease: Are there Buns in my Oven? Version Two The object is to drive the bunny caregiver mad with frustration. Bunny lifts for the buck, acts pregnant for the next month getting away with all kinds of crankiness, builds a lovely nest, pulls fur... and then nothing. :explode:

:lol: I hear that What Sex Am I This Week? is popular at shows, as well.

:stars: How'd They Do That? To keep you guessing, they accomplish impossible things that have no explanation.

A good example of this was when we found one of our youngsters roaming around the flower pots one morning. The hutch door that closes with barrel bolts was open, and all the other youngsters were leaning out of the doorway. At least in Escape Hatch, there is an explanation. :lol:

I have also experienced the dead buck game. Not a good game. Mine like to play, "Guess If I'm Going To Bite Or Lick". The rabbits appear calm and comfortable with whatever you're doing to them and give no signals of any kind. If they're going to lick and you flinch you get an immediate switch into the Cold Butt game because you've insulted the rabbit by not trusting it when it was going to bestow a great honor upon you. If they're going to bite and you don't do anything, well, you get bit.

I was just informed (to my shame) that there is another game...

:wolverine: What Color Am I Going To Be When I Grow Up? This is the game, where a black bunny decides that it needs to turn into a rabbit with tipping, or an agouti, or who knows what.

what about the "attack killer bunny" routine when they have babies and then suddenly it's all.. Oh... okay.. yeah, go ahead check those babies, I'm cool with that. (or vice versa)

Oh, I hear the escape hatch :oops: Thought there was NO way my rabbits could get loose, when I bought Spooky and her daughter a few months ago. Well, Pouf would love to eat a little path through the hay feeder I made, and we had a "house bunny" for a while. She would be this little puff of fluff running all over, jumping on our beds in the morning to nibble us, peeling up and down the stairs like the :twisted: was after her, lol. My BOSS came once to inpect, and she had ESCAPED and was sitting ON THE WINDOW SILL!!!!!! :shock:

Still have no idea how she got there, lol.

And then she got too big :lol: That was funny. :D

I recently had the "dead doe" game, a version of the dead buck game obviously. I was thuroughly scared, but had revenge when she woke to me peering at her through the wire and startled herself out of a weeks growth. She truely did look dead--until she started twitching in bunny dreams, and that got me to giggling...

eco2pia":2ya7b2cp said:
I recently had the "dead doe" game, a version of the dead buck game obviously. I was thuroughly scared, but had revenge when she woke to me peering at her through the wire and startled herself out of a weeks growth. She truely did look dead--until she started twitching in bunny dreams, and that got me to giggling...

:lol: :lol: :lol:<br /><br />__________ Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:35 pm __________<br /><br />
shrarvrs":2ya7b2cp said:
My BOSS came once to inpect, and she had ESCAPED and was sitting ON THE WINDOW SILL!!!!!! :shock:

Still have no idea how she got there, lol.

:rotfl:

Wow, Maggie!

These are so spot on! :lol:

:tease: Are there Buns in my Oven? All my does played this with me... :evil:

:bdh: The Dead Buck Game Sonic just did this the other day to DH! He thought for sure he was dead and was trying to figure out how to tell me when Sonic "came back from the dead" :D

:nana: Nya-nya! You Can't Make Me! Have not had this one yet, but we shall see.... :shock:

:razz2: Cold Butt aka The Great Bunny Snit Sonic does this all the time! He thumps and then give me "the Butt"...I even posted a pic of it recently....

Love these....

Only for bunnies put out on grass "how fast can YOU dig a hole". Especially popular with does two weeks preggers and up until the day before. one day they'll be fine...the next day you put them out and you'll have a hole to China built within two minutes (or so it seems).

With all the heat we've been playing a lot of am I dead? games. I hold my breath as I scan the cages for signs of life and then go poke all the ones that aren't moving.

"I am the Guru Bunny" One of the kits sitting all by it's self, eyes closed, usually in a corner, while all the rest of the kits come running up to see ya when you arrive, all bouncing and acting like...well..bunnies... :bunnyhop: ..ya can almost hear the Ohm...Ohm....coming from that back corner..<br /><br />__________ Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:54 pm __________<br /><br />Update...To Guru Bunnie

Attachments

• aa2011-05-20_05-17-06_279.jpg
    aa2011-05-20_05-17-06_279.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 4,246
When I reach under the cage to poke the jammed up bunny berries down the poop chute mine love to play the "Poop on pop" game. That one I don't mind but the variant is "Pee on pop" and I don't enjoy that one at all. The bunrabs seem to get a kick out of it though.

Back