Hay container- PVC t-joint

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garnetmoth

Reaction score
So, I asked my DH to please stop giving the buns such a HUGE handful of hay, they are laying on it, pooping on it, and then I have to clean the inside of the cages and the pans several times a week and it was driving me :evil:

I tried last year to make a flap of wire on the outside that the buns could pull hay inside thru, and that didnt work, and just never figured out how to make a decent hay rack.

He goes to the hardware store, and gets PVC t-connectors for momma/ grow out cages. took Vi and the youngest litter a while to figure out, but our Jr doe took to it right away. one of the littles likes laying in it once they get all the hay out.

they nibble and pull, very little gets on the cage bottom, and I have less poo to clean up! YAY!

I have seen a bent "neat idea cube" piece used and was thinking of usig some of those as a rack but would love to see this too :)

http://www.plumbersurplus.com/Prod/PVC- ... 75/Cat/369

One of these Large enough for my hand to get into, the 5 wk olds enjoy it, the older Jr cant get in it.

Brody: I tried to do a panel outside I guess like the neat idea cube- we have larger cages now but id hate to take up too much room- the nest box goes in the left side, and the feeder and her toilet corner are on the right- I didnt know how to make a fixed one fit into the plan-

I'm having trouble imagining that holding a day's worth of hay for my rabbits...so far, in my leaving pellet-land, I have been feeding greens. Admittedly some of it is extra bulky, like pea-vines, but I swear I fill up a rabbit sized space in the cage and they eat most of it by the next day--just a few of the toughest stems left. And that is for each rabbit!!

Am I over feeding (they are still getting some pellets too) or do I just own pigs with ears? Would I just put two of those in the cage, come winter when I will eventually have to switch to hay? And maybe stuff them twice a day?

Lol, you have pigs with ears, like my momma Spooky! :p WHen I was doing mostly greens and hay, I would fill up the same, a HUGE amount, and they would SCARF it!!!

Back