speaking of chOOkenS :)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And because they are sitting on a flat surface when they poop, their bottom/belly will get crusted with dried poop. Sleeping on a roost, they drop the manure behind them to the floor and stay nice and clean :D

gotcha both - makes sense - we'll see if we can turn their little pea brains back onto roosting ;)

I miss having chickens. My favorites were black Minorcas. Yep I am a sucker for the rare breeds. :) We had some when I was kid that were mixed with black Minorcas. That would be what I would get for eggs and show if I ever get any again.<br /><br />__________ Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:33 pm __________<br /><br />If they are piling into a nest box, you need to grab each bird and place them on the roost every night until they 'get it.' Some chickens aren't very bright when it comes to roosting. You have to teach them how.

I had older hens that would do that too. They'd pick a corner in the coop and pile up on each other. Even olde rbirds can be clueless when it comes to roosting. ;)

My four week old PBR's alternate between roosting and ground sleeping. The most we have had roosting at any one time is 14/25 with the rest of them spread between one large snooze-fest and a few separate smaller ones.

Back