Inkinator arrived

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol, Mina... my daughter Queenpup and I just tattooed three litters of wabbits. She holds them, and I tat. The matriarch of our barn-cats kept jumping into her lap. :D I couldn't help but say "No-no, Popstar! Mina says the AR wackos will descend on us if I give you a tattoo!" :lol:

MamaSheepdog":2wixibx5 said:
Lol, Mina... my daughter Queenpup and I just tattooed three litters of wabbits. She holds them, and I tat. The matriarch of our barn-cats kept jumping into her lap. :D I couldn't help but say "No-no, Popstar! Mina says the AR wackos will descend on us if I give you a tattoo!" :lol:

I don't know, one of my dogs has a chip for the OFA hips score, but a tat is an acceptable form of identification, so I was thinking of saving myself some money and time, and tatting the rest. Many german bred gsds come with tatts in their ears, or thighs.

skysthelimit":23e3qupg said:
Many german bred gsds come with tatts in their ears, or thighs.

Actually, before they started chipping dogs, they tattooed them even here. I was a member of a dog obedience club as a teen, and there was someone who offered to tattoo the dogs for a fee. The inner thigh was the most favored location because it is easy enough to cut off a dog's ear to remove the ID, a bit harder to remove the leg. :x

However, Mina might be right about the cat... Popstar wants a tattoo of a pirate. She's just that kind of kitty. ;)

MamaSheepdog":17xern8t said:
However, Mina might be right about the cat... Popstar wants a tattoo of a pirate. She's just that kind of kitty.

:pirate: :pirat: ARRGGHH!! :pirat: :pirate:

OneAcreFarm":1rzuw8nc said:
:pirate: :pirat: ARRGGHH!! :pirat: :pirate:

3mina":1rzuw8nc said:
Those were the tats I was thinking of all right :twisted:

Y'know... I think I could manage a Pirate Smilie tattoo, even with my limited drawing skills... :hmm:

Well I have a show coming up Sept. 8th. and the Havana's I got in Charleston are almost at Jr weight (needing to be 2 1/2 lbs)one being 2lb 10oz and the smaller one is 2lb 4 oz. Anyway I practiced on a banana peel today and I think it went well. I used some of the ink that came with the set even thou I bought some India ink at the art store. It got me some practice also taking it apart and adjusting the needle and cleaning up everything.
image.php

The girls this morning
image.php

image.php

Anyway I practiced on a banana peel

Banana peels don't squirm and jump......... :bananadance: :bananadance2:

I found with my Tans that if I put some Oragel in the ear while prepping the equipment, then clean the ear with alcohol they don't seem to squirm/jump as much. I also have better luck going in short strokes than one continuous movement. I do mark a pattern with a sharpie to follow also. Just some thoughts. Good luck with your tattooing. Lets see an example - banana vs real world rabbit ear when you get done!

Thanks Lastfling for Oragel suggestion. I tried it on one and not the other to see the difference. I believe it did help alittle bit. I did get a photo of the one, the wife,my holder, put some A&D ointment on while I grabbed the camera.
image.php

I will try to grab a photo of the other here in the next day or so. I wanted them to be a tad darker, so I guess I need to go over the area a few more times.

Latest posts

Back