Inkinator arrived

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnelsonfla

Reaction score
I ordered an Inkinator last Wednesday and today from FedEx the Inkinator arrived from KW cages who is in CA. I reviewed all the known "pen style" tattoo machines. The one with the least amout of negative reviews was the Inkinator. I have used the clamp for years but decided I'll give the pen a try. I see the EZ Tat and RabiTat for around $60 and shows and online. The Inkinator only supplier was KW cages, I have yet to see them at shows. The cost was $99.99 and I got an extra needle for $7.99.
image.php

image.php

I have already bought a India Ink bottle from my local art supply store. I will out line the tattoo with a fine tip Sharpie and go from there, I will post results after I do them.

That looks really nice! I am still deciding which to buy so am looking forward to your review of it.

I have the Inkinator also- I bought it at the last show I attended. I have been very pleased with it. Good luck on your tattoos!

How is the handle, obvious toothbrush or actually made from a form to be a tattoo pen??
I have the EquaTat.

I want to know how different they actually are, they all look basically the same...

I bought an Inkinator after having and using the Rabbitat and must admit, I like the Inkinator better. I especially like the steel barrel and set screw as opposed to the plastic of the other. Once I set my depth it will hold, and I can tighten the set down without worrying to much about over torqueing and stripping the threads. It to me is just a better made instrument. Like Tom, I also use a fine tip sharpie to pattern my tattoo. I found a guide really helps me. My freehand goes from bad to worse depending upon the mood of the rabbit.

My Rex breeder bought hers at a show and the shaft fell out. She called me up to bring my clamp to tattoo her buns last week.

skysthelimit":124iskem said:
My Rex breeder bought hers at a show and the shaft fell out. She called me up to bring my clamp to tattoo her buns last week.

It should have been a simple matter of tightening the set screw that holds the shaft in place in order to correct the problem. It should have been set at the factory though, the one I got was. I do remove it and clean after each use. That's another think I like,....the little bristle brush that come in the kit which fits inside the shaft for cleaning.

Lastfling":2u39clsz said:
skysthelimit":2u39clsz said:

It should have been a simple matter of tightening the set screw that holds the shaft in place in order to correct the problem. It should have been set at the factory though, the one I got was. I do remove it and clean after each use. That's another think I like,....the little bristle brush that come in the kit which fits inside the shaft for cleaning.

I will ask her what she did with it. I'm pretty sure between her boys and husband, who build her stacker cages, that someone tried to fix the drive shaft already.

It just makes me think of those spin brushes, and how many i went through. They stop charging after less than a year, even though they sat on the charger when not in use, became sluggish, etc.

skysthelimit":sqkkl70m said:
It just makes me think of those spin brushes, and how many i went through. They stop charging after less than a year, even though they sat on the charger when not in use, became sluggish, etc.

Anything that sits on a charger should be fully discharged once a month and then recharged to keep the battery 'healthy'. I have two cordless clippers and I run them dry once a month and haven't had any problems with them and they're both a couple of years old

3mina":1eg4zjs9 said:
Anything that sits on a charger should be fully discharged once a month and then recharged to keep the battery 'healthy'.

Really?!? When I am using our cordless tools, I always try not to run the battery all the way down before recharging it... but it is actually beneficial to do so?

MamaSheepdog":1wzqsp7x said:
3mina":1wzqsp7x said:
Anything that sits on a charger should be fully discharged once a month and then recharged to keep the battery 'healthy'.

Really?!? When I am using our cordless tools, I always try not to run the battery all the way down before recharging it... but it is actually beneficial to do so?

That's what it says in my owners manual. Check with the manufacturer to make sure. For power tools I take the battery off the charger when it's charged if I'm not going to use it right away, it seems to help battery life as well.

ChickiesnBunnies":1kca0whm said:
How is the handle, obvious toothbrush or actually made from a form to be a tattoo pen??
I have the EquaTat.

I want to know how different they actually are, they all look basically the same...

I have the Equatat.... :evil: :evil: :evil: piece of junk....total "jail-house" looking set up. I used the Inkinator when I was at MSD's place and it was SOOOO much better! I will be ording one ASAP!<br /><br />__________ Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:30 am __________<br /><br />
OneAcreFarm":1kca0whm said:
ChickiesnBunnies":1kca0whm said:
I have the EquaTat.

I have the Equatat.... :evil: :evil: :evil: piece of junk....total "jail-house" looking set up. I used the Inkinator when I was at MSD's place and it was SOOOO much better! I will be ording one ASAP!

Just ordered it!!! W00t! :D :strongbad: :strongbad: :strongbad: :strongbad: :strongbad:

OneAcreFarm":2jdchaua said:
Just ordered it!!! W00t! :D :strongbad: :strongbad: :strongbad: :strongbad: :strongbad:

Do I sense a tattooing frenzy in your near future? "Well, all of the rabbits are done... who else can I tattoo? :hmm: Here kitty, kitty, kitty. :whistle: "

MamaSheepdog":unvlcvke said:
OneAcreFarm":unvlcvke said:

Do I sense a tattooing frenzy in your near future? "Well, all of the rabbits are done... who else can I tattoo? :hmm: Here kitty, kitty, kitty. :whistle: "

Don't do it! The AR nut jobs will be all OVER that! Just wait for a month and you'll have more rabbits to tat :D

Latest posts

Back