Popples!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry to hear about that Aileen. Hopefully, the next go 'round will have much better results!

horsegirl0215":2dzrjbt0 said:
oh yeah from what i have heard it is good to find their cycle and then breed them
Rabbits don't have a "cycle". They are induced ovulators.

after their babies are weened you should wait a month before you breed them again.
Why?

The second rabbit had seven - looked like preemies - all seven died. She is only six months old and was totally clueless.
I'm waiting til late August to breed them. That'll give them time to settle in and mellow out. I still have 2 who are pregnant. Amelia Earhart is in my office (stress free, no cats) and is very relaxed and friendly. The Unnamed One is in the living room in a spacious, very secure cage. She has a very private nestbox and is getting less fearful as she gets used to me. May they both carry to full term and have healthy babies!

Ha, Amelia Earhart! I have a Cali. doe named after her. In fact all my Cali breeders are named after important people in history.

Until I looked at CB's teeth to figure out how she'd been able to just slice thru and then gnaw on my hand so easily, I hadn't realized that they actually have 2 rows of teeth on top. :x (btw, she hasn't done that in months now)

Back