Today should be interesting...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anntann

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Last night I ended up driving into town to pick up Artificer who had started the day taking off the wheels on the truck to replace a shield thing. He ended up doing full brake and rotor? replacement...and then found he needs new nuts for the thing...so off I went to pick him up.

Today he took the car in to work, so now he has 2 vehicles, I have 0. OMG!! What do I do if there's something I need from .... THE STORE? omgomgomg.....oh. I can walk the 4 blocks. hmm...

BUT.....what about an emergency!! What if I cut my finger off? omgomgomg....oh. I COULD call 911. Or just walk the 6 blocks to the hospital.

sigh.

but you know...being without a vehicle is just plain ODD!
btw, we don't have a bus service here. or any mass transit.

Anntann":1bjjmc3s said:
What if I cut my finger off? omgomgomg...

ladysown":1bjjmc3s said:
nothing will happen...but you could always thumb it :)

For some reason this just cracked me up, better hope it's "just" a finger, not a thumb. :lol:

I hope it isn't a rabbit who chews your finger off
:roll:

MidnightCoder":2yd2st1l said:
Anntann":2yd2st1l said:
What if I cut my finger off? omgomgomg...

ladysown":2yd2st1l said:
nothing will happen...but you could always thumb it :)

For some reason this just cracked me up, better hope it's "just" a finger, not a thumb. :lol:

IMAGINE??? HAHAHAH

oh geez Ann I guess you'll have to pat baby rabbits, fondle dinner and chat all day .. :)

cut fingers..."thumb it".... :slap: :lol:

chat? me chat? are you insane? I NEVER waste my day just sitting on the computer and chatting!

btw, did you see the sale they're having at Menard's? wow. tons of christmas stuff at 90% off the original price. my goodness..and the recipe that Minelson posted over on HT...wow! talk about rich! :D

Back when I cared about stuff like christmas decorations, I used to do all my shopping for that kind of thing after christmas. It's amazing how much they mark down the stuff just so they don't have to store it another year. 90% off is no exaggeration. :)

Anntann":1vqrjeuh said:
Last night I ended up driving into town to pick up Artificer who had started the day taking off the wheels on the truck to replace a shield thing. He ended up doing full brake and rotor? replacement...and then found he needs new nuts for the thing...so off I went to pick him up.

Today he took the car in to work, so now he has 2 vehicles, I have 0. OMG!! What do I do if there's something I need from .... THE STORE? omgomgomg.....oh. I can walk the 4 blocks. hmm...

BUT.....what about an emergency!! What if I cut my finger off? omgomgomg....oh. I COULD call 911. Or just walk the 6 blocks to the hospital.

sigh.

but you know...being without a vehicle is just plain ODD!
btw, we don't have a bus service here. or any mass transit.

When we moved here, DH's oldest daughter (she doesn't live with us), who is a city girl through and through, asked how far to the nearest store. We told her about a 15 minute drive. Well, how far to the library? About a 15 minute drive. :lol: She wasn't impressed.

Let's see, we have five working vehicles, so if one doesn't want to go, another one should. That sounds awful, doesn't it? We each have a car, and I have a '94 pickup - that's a 4x4, so gets used if the weather is bad, and to haul hay. Then there's the '79 dump truck and the '83 cargo van aka "the goatmobile" - although it was last used to haul pigs. :lol: They only get used as necessary.

How are we going to tell the kids now "When we were young, we had to walk 15 miles to school every day... in a blizzard...even in July" :p

You done blew our whole gig :cry:

heh. it's leaning toward the "we had to LEAVE THE HOUSE to go to school...you don't know how lucky you are to be online!!" and "man...there was a day when we had to actually TALK to people instead of texting them...."

or imagine the horror of saying to a youngster today "when I was young, I had to SEE the person I was talking to..IN PERSON!" :rotfl:

Back