Please, Mr Custer!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Half Caper Farm

Reaction score
I don't wanna go! :shock:

It's too cold out there. None too warm in here, either. Fire's out. I'm sitting here trying to get up the nerve to go out to the barn and do chores. Coffee's nearly ready - think I'll have some before I brave the elements.

Hey, Mr. Custer, please don't make me go
I had a dream last night about the mornin' feedin'
Somebody yelled "attack!"
And there I stood with a BUNNY on my back.
MMmm....cooooooffffeee. yup. that sounds REAL good :) This tea just ain't cuttin' it today.

Sub zero here this morning, but it's supposed to warm up a bit this week.

"I'm on my second cup of coffee, and I still can't face the day" :D

I'm going to have to go down and see why the furnace isn't kicking in - sometimes the wood will be burning merrily, just not enough heat to turn on the fan. It's 6C (44F) in here.

Everybody out in the barn survived the night. No kits yet from the warpath doe who keeps tipping out her nestbox. :evil: I keep putting it back up and refilling it. Sigh.

We had a frozen pipe in the night. Fortunately David checked it before it was quite solid and a few minutes with the hair dryer got it going. Ah, the joys of country life in winter!

HCF, is there any way you can wire that nest box in place... and then maybe add a distraction for your warpath doe?

6 would have meant I wasn't out of bed ....I find 62 hard enough to get up too ... first thing I do is stack the woodstove, pour a diet coke, pull a lap rug on and put laptop on my lap ... :p

so glad my bunnies are indoors right now

Sixty-two! :p If it gets that warm in here, we're pulling off layers. We think it's toasty if it gets to 55. :)

My barn water was frozen last night - didn't think I needed to plug in the heater cable just yet. It came on after about 25 minutes, fortunately. I don't mind hauling water for the rabbits, but it gets tedious watering the goats that way.

We used to have an oil/wood combo furnace, but the heat exchanger rusted out and was setting off the CO detector. :shock: So, we found someone giving away (DH's favourite words - "giving away") a wood furnace last summer, and installed that. So, no backup heat anymore. He will eventually put another oil furnace in, but probably not this year.

Short of punching holes in the nestbox, I don't see how I could wire it. I'll just have to keep a eye on the silly thing.

MaggieJ":1s25warx said:
It's a morning for coffee, for sure. The "hard stuff" with caffeine in it. :D

It's cold all right... but knowing it's getting a bit milder as the day and week roll along helps.

Yep. I know this decaffinated green stuff is supposed to be good for me...... but I think it might be more for sipping with the Queen. :|

Back