blah. Nasty hot, Nasty Humid

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anntann

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
This week is going to SUCK the energy out of everyone around here. Last night it was humid, but not too bad. Storm forecast overnight. okay..that usually cools things off. well..NOT THIS TIME!!!

woke up to 74F, and air you could squeeze. I walked outside and had to come in to dry off. It's not raining...it's....condensing. They say today high of only 79, but by Wednesday (when I go to an event for the weekend) it will be high of near 90, with horribly high humidity. :cry:

I dunno how the people in the Southern U.S. stand this. I'm gonna die.....

We're getting more or less the same heat and humidity here. I hate it, hate it, hate it. I've learned to get anything outdoors done early in the morning... so far I've picked berries and gathered alfalfa and timothy for bunny breakfasts. We have to pack down the yard sale (just through a huge tarp over most of it last night) and I still have the morning critter chores. Then I'll be indoors with a fan until at least 4 PM. It's the only way I can get anything done in this weather.

Anntann":1dx8ynjh said:
This week is going to SUCK the energy out of everyone around here. Last night it was humid, but not too bad. Storm forecast overnight. okay..that usually cools things off. well..NOT THIS TIME!!!

woke up to 74F, and air you could squeeze. I walked outside and had to come in to dry off. It's not raining...it's....condensing. They say today high of only 79, but by Wednesday (when I go to an event for the weekend) it will be high of near 90, with horribly high humidity. :cry:

I dunno how the people in the Southern U.S. stand this. I'm gonna die.....

Awww..... come down and spend a few weeks in Missouri.....St Louis is always really nice about this time of year....we have such wonderful weather here.. no blackflies....

Come for a visit...... it is simply delightful :roll:

It's actually only 80* out there right now... which is like... really weird. Normally over 90. Not that I'm complaining!!

Of course, it's making up for it with over 90% humidity. I believe I'll take my goldfish for a walk.

Just went down to check on the rabbits. They all look good, relaxing with ears up, but I misted them down anyway. At first they were startled by the moisture drifting down on them but they quickly decided they liked it.

I can take the heat in the daytime if I am careful, but I really really hate nighttime temperatures that do not drop below 70* F.

We aren't even hitting 70 right now. We didn't hit 65 for the 4th of July.
Too cool for words this year. Looks like Seattle won't be having a summer.

Love it, love it, love it!!!! The hotter the better. I have air conditioning in the truck but I like to keep the window open because I don't like to get in and out of the hot and cold air. I deliver bulk water for a living, mostly filling swimming pools, hot tubs, wells, etc. so I get wet a lot and that helps. I"ve been rolling out and rolling up water hose all day, sweating buckets and lovin' it!

The rabbits seem to be doing fine. It was 30 degrees in the garage when I got home from work but I have a door open and a large floor fan on them all day. They were just lying around like big furry lumps, chins on the floor of the cages. Very little food was eaten today but it will all go tonight. I brought the truck home tonight for the first time since I was delivering around the corner and I forgot about the back up beeper, the loud diesel and the air brakes. Freaked the bunnies out a bit.... :eek:

Back