Z-Tribe's Bunny Run and Garden

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZRabbits

Reaction score
Thought I share what we did for our rabbits. Knowing that bunnies need fresh air and sunlight, my husband and I planned this bunny run/garden.

BUNNYS2254.jpg

BUNNYS2260.jpg

The Z-Tribe really loves their run and what we have been feeding them from the garden.

Some pics of our bunnies enjoying the fresh air and exercise.

BUNNYS2404.jpg

BUNNYS2028.jpg

BUNNYS2362.jpg

BUNNYS2823.jpg

BUNNYS048.jpg

BUNNYS2489.jpg

Weekend should be cooler than it has been. Hoping to get all of them out for a nice romp in their run.

Karen

Lol, the bunny lawn is superior to the rest of the yard!

Spoiled bunnies? Nah... ;)

Nothing to good for our Tribe. Can't help it, they are so worth it. And now that we have Rubeus, once he's bigger, the whole backyard will be his run. Sooo, have been researching what else, to put back there to make the whole backyard as superior as the bunny run.

Karen

Shame, the sun is just so brutal that with all the watering we have done, it still very weak. The Sun has been really powerful this year.

Took some pictures today

Garden is doing well
BUNNYS114.jpg

As you can see the lush grass in the bunny run was hit hard by the Sun. As much as we watered, the sun was just so strong.
BUNNYS115.jpg

HRanchito, they do love the tunnels!

Love to jump over them
BUNNYS169.jpg

Stand on them to observe their surroundings
BUNNYS209.jpg

And love to go in them
BUNNYS310.jpg

Kyle, they do love the space. And they get to dig Explore the small hidey holes I have in there.

BUNNYS130.jpg

BUNNYS157.jpg

BUNNYS281.jpg

BUNNYS254.jpg

Thanks Curly Sue, my husband worked really hard getting it all together for them.

Skysthelimit, they are enjoying all the good greens from that garden. Luna loves to check out what's on the other side of the run.
BUNNYS234.jpg

Absolutely beautiful morning, compared to the triple digits we have had lately. Truly can't wait to the Fall. You can have this hot summer weather.

Karen

Great pics!

Too bad about their lawn. Have you considered adding some weed seeds or red or white clover to the lawn? It would provide more variety for them. You could also add some edible herbs- If you make a cage around them so the central part of the plant is protected, they could "prune" any protruding growth. :)

MamaSheepdog":1lvxlgvh said:
Great pics!

Too bad about their lawn. Have you considered adding some weed seeds or red or white clover to the lawn? It would provide more variety for them. You could also add some edible herbs- If you make a cage around them so the central part of the plant is protected, they could "prune" any protruding growth. :)

Had a patch of clover with wheat grass, which they loved, but unfortunately that kind of got hurt by the sun as well. Plans for adding edible herbs are in the works though. I've read a lot here so looking into it. On my list, dandelions and lavender. Also want to put a rosebush in there as well.

All of it is still a work in progress. Thanks for the suggestion of the cage, also any suggestions on edible herbs would be deeply appreciated.

Karen

ZRabbits":1os8mvwy said:
Thanks for the suggestion of the cage, also any suggestions on edible herbs would be deeply appreciated.

Mine love oregano and rosemary, both of which have a sprawling habit so would grow through the cage wire. You could add a couple of trellised grapevines and/or blackberry or raspberry vines being sure to protect the base of the plants. That would give the rabbits shade, too! :)

MamaSheepdog":25chxvwx said:
ZRabbits":25chxvwx said:
Thanks for the suggestion of the cage, also any suggestions on edible herbs would be deeply appreciated.

Mine love oregano and rosemary, both of which have a sprawling habit so would grow through the cage wire. You could add a couple of trellised grapevines and/or blackberry or raspberry vines being sure to protect the base of the plants. That would give the rabbits shade, too! :)

Thanks so much. Excellent suggestions on the oregano and rosemary. Also really like the idea of trellised grape/berry vines for shade.

Karen

Back