Gonna start drinking....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually managed to lose a pound during her time here. Even tho she insisted on taking us out for breakfast and dinner every day. :roll:

she'll be back tuesday..but only for the afternoon, then I take her down to Chicago to catch a flight out in the Early morning.

She's a lovely person, and really isn't mean or nasty or anything..but she's SO used to controlling everythign in everyone's life that it's hard for her to back off and let someone else have an opinion. Can't blame her, I suppose. She's had to take care of 3 or more mentally disabled children/adults all her life. She grew up with 2 brothers with severe disabilities, and had 2 of her own...then started foster care for the severe cases.

but..there's a good reason that when she talked about moving closer to Wisconsin to be near family, Mike started looking at jobs in Alaska! :lol:

I can see why the relationship is difficult for both you and Mike. It's good that she has some nice qualities too though... Makes it easier to work around her controlling behaviour. Anyway, sounds like the visit went fairly well. I think you were apprehensive mainly because you felt ambushed when you forgot she was coming just then.

Brody":710slj6u said:
glad it is nearly done - last phase sounds like a snap ;)
:grit: Oh brother. How things change in just one little phonecall. <sigh>

She called an hour ago. Ready to leave up North. She'll be dropping off the rental in about 4 hours (so that's 11am here). um.....okay. I say "I thought you were going to leave about noon? nice leisurely morning, drive back, we go out to dinner, drive to O'Hare?" She: "Sister fell and broke her hip. She's in the hospital. Problems with the wedding. It's too much, I need to leave" (oh brother...)

So....she wanted Mike to call her to make some plans...I called him, he called her cell..apparently she's out of cellphone range already, or has it turned off..cuz he can't get through her.

I'm thinking a nice Irish Coffee..but it's hot and muggy, so maybe I'll just making Mint Juleps NOW. Nice bit pitcher of them in the fridge..yah...that sounds good.

before people start thinking I'm harsh about my MIL...she's a lovely lady in small doses. BUT.... She's just SO used to be in control of everything, that she can't let that go.

Definitely mint juleps. :roll:

I'm sorry her visit up North went so badly. She must be pretty upset to cut things short like that. But I have to say, it really bugs me when someone says "Call me" and then can't be reached...

Turns out her daughter had called (moved out to the desert SW to be near Mom) and had 30minutes worth of stuff to complain about. (I'm gonna write a BOOK about this family, I swear!... Their lives are the stuff Soap Operas are made from)

We'll pick her up at car rental place. Go out to lunch somewhere calm and quiet. Drive to Chicago, put her in the hotel right next to airport and wave G'bye :happy2: She'll have enough time to tell us wht happened, (or not) and to wind down, and then she'll get a good rest before her flight. AND the hotel is only $55. :bananadance2:

Glad to hear it's almost over. I have the soap opera/Jerry Springer in-laws myself. I crave the family thing, and after about 2 hours I'm ready for the 12 hour drive home.

Mint juleps and Calgon!

Latest posts

Back