Mama-san is a TUB! A CHUNK! a...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anntann

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
This doe just seems to just need AIR in order to gain weight :x After the last breeding, when she delivered not her customary 8 healthy, 2 runts...but 2 healthy, 2 DOA and 3 malformed....I decided that she really needed to be trimmer. Her weight was most likely causing problems. so.

She gets...timothy. greens. and 1/4cup baley/oats. And she's STILL huge. Solid. Short of putting a harness on her and taking her jogging, is there anything else I can do? Should I drop the grains?

If she's not nursing, I'd drop the grain... Maybe just give her a tiny bit once a week. With all the good greens she's getting and the timothy hay she won't lack nutrients and she doesn't need those calories.

How old is Mama-san? I ask because it does not sound to me as though all her kindling problems are likely to be solely from overweight. Might be time to start looking at her daughters for a replacement down the road a bit.

She's 2.5. I did keep out one of her daughters from the December bunch. I'm going to move her over next to Peter so she gets used to his big black self and when the time is right...maybe she'll lift for him.

I'll likely keep the two offspring she raised this last litter. boy and girl. They both look pretty nice...big thru the hips and a fairly long body.

I'm starting to look for a pair of Americans, too.

Could be her age is starting to affect her fertility. She could have quite a bit of productive time left, but you're wise to be looking ahead and saving the best of her offspring for the future.

Latest posts

Back