Basic Care - Nail Trimming

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not everyone has enough time to do a daily "pick up every kit, play with them, turn them over, fondle feet" etc.

RP showed me a way to easily flip bunny over on your lap, capturing the ears with your knees to work on the rabbit. They calm right down and just lay there while you pluck, groom, clip nails, whatever.

Most pet owners have quite a bit of time to play with bunny. People who are selling to pet owners would HAVE to work with the kits so the new owners don't get shredded by nails.

I do think you're a bit...angry about it tho. For me, it wouldn't be something to get angry about, just something to work on with folks.
just my 2cents worth.

Yes I was angry about it. The people that I buy from sell bunnies to pet people OR raise show rabbits. Pet people should get a rabbit that is easy to work with. BOTH of those types of rabbits should be easy to work with. IF they aren't, why aren't they?

I have to admit that yesterday I was tired and very frustrated. What should have taken me 20 minutes ended up taking much longer and sometimes it's like COME ON FOLKS, it really really doesn't take the long to work with or train a bunny. It doesn't. 30 seconds maybe each day for two-four weeks. Per bunny. SO even when I have 20 babies here, it takes me maybe 10 minutes.

I don't often get a rabbit that rips my arms up unless I'VE DONE something that deserves it. Then it's like oh well.. let's just not scare that rabbit again. :) Let's train that youngster/oldster that I won't eat it just a bit better. :) Damage I get comes from my cages! :)

Back