So here's a question..... (about rabbit gestation sort of)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anntann

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Sophia (5lb 7month angora doe) had a rendevous with Hobbes on June 4. He definitely was successful (from HIS point of view). It's now 10 days later, and she's feeling FAT to me. well, Heavier and more solid.

She doesn't get overfed...mostly greens, timothy, 3/4 cup grains or pellets which she constantly dumps out.

Is it possible that she's already putting on "popple pudge"? Or is it more likely that she's just finishing growing and filling out?

Just one of the "curious minds want to know" things. :D

Maybe a little of each? :D

At seven months, she should be just about at full size skeletally but she would still be filling out a bit. The hormonal changes during pregnancy might make this happen more quickly... just a guess.

She's such a pretty thing. I hope she's "with child..er, kits". Since she carries the broken gene, and of course Hobbes is just one huge pinto, they MIGHT have some really colorful popples :D

In the meantime, I've got 2 people who want one of the current batch of little terrors. They've removed the lid from nestbox 2, and are chewing the leather hinge. I walked in with my leather sandals and suddenly had 5 little mouths nibbling on my toes and around the sandals. It felt..kinda cool, actually. :lol:

Back