A new rabbit...quite costly! (picture)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anntann

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
bluerabbit.jpg

Yes, we now have a running 1984 Rabbit. It's been using Veggie Oil, with a small tank of diesel to start (for the injectors). Other than needing a new muffler (BOY does it need a new muffler) the critter hops...er, runs VERY well. It's even decent inside! Just a few paint/rust problems, all minor. And EVERYTHING works: all the lights, signals, brakes (always a GOOD thing), locks, latches, seats, windows. Mike is REALLY happy with it. (needs the timing belt changed since we dont' know when it was done last, so that is also being done today)

BUT it really needs a new updated paint job, IMO. I'm thinking, since the blue is chipping off on just a few places, showing the yellow underneath, that I might just do designs on it :) Use an airbrush maybe, for some details. I was kind of thinking of making is a blue tort! :lol: Or possibly just stencil PAISLEY all over it in bright colors :D A psychodelic rabbit!

Just wanted to share the joy of being a rabbit owner!

He was nervous when he drove it home (it's been out at the farm for a couple of days while he did some stuff to the tires and removed the veggieoil from the tank). He said "Now, remember..it only cost $450 for TWO cars, so it's not the greatest car in the world..but it drives okay, and..." so I'm expecting this horrible wreck..seats nasty, smelly interior, rust everywhere...

BUT NO! The interior is more than acceptable (slightly stained in places, one small rip in the back of a seat); it smells CLEAN; and there's very little rust. It's been repainted in the last couple of years, and still looks acceptable.

Hood ornament...I thought about a pair of ears for that..Mike thinks somethinglike this:
rabbitrunning.jpg

Then again, something classic like this:
rabbithood.jpg

The badge on the grill is round with a VW on it...and will make a PERFECT base for a quivery black nose :D

Back