what are these little guys?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ridgerunner1965

Reaction score
i got these 2 black buns from a friend of my girlfriend. i have no info about them such as age, breed, etc.im only familar with meat rabbits so far and have no idea what they are other than some type of lop i assume.im guessing them to weigh around 3 lbs. any ideas would be appreciated.

Attachments

• DSC00368.JPG
    DSC00368.JPG
    163.6 KB · Views: 1,743
  • DSC00369.JPG
    DSC00369.JPG
    164.3 KB · Views: 1,743
Too me they look like a young meat breed.they dont look like any kind of lop.

I agree with curlysue, they could be young (under 5 months) black new zealands. They could be very very young flemmish, they could be mutts. But the big ears which are not fully erect and big feet say young rabbit that is going to get bigger to me. Also, the floofy looking coat and sort of lanky body--looks young.

actually thier ears are more floppy than they look in the pics is what made me think they are lops.i hope your rite and they are going to get bigger. that will fit rite in with my program.thanks guys!!

They are probably just a crossbreed of some sort. They look like black NZ's to me. The reason I say is because they look a great deal like the buns I used to have years ago which were black NZ's. If they are very young and the ears start to drop in the next couple weeks then they may be a NZ & a lop mix of some sort (ears will usually drop no later than 8 weeks old if they are going to drop atall). If not, I would feel pretty confident saying they are straight NZ.

did you ever find out what they are? i have one who looks just like that and i got her at the feed store. can you send me a pic of what they look like now? just so i know if i need to get a giant cage or just a slightly larger one.

Back