Definitions, nicknames, and abbreviations

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HopesInnFarm":1wuv3eqc said:
Thanks for this forum with the jargon. This is my first post. Just joined Rabbit Talk. Probably do a lot of observing for a while. Have one Cali bred 5 days.
You're welcome, and welcome to RabbitTalk! Be sure to post pictures of your baby buns when they arrive; we thrive on pictures, especially of babies! :D

SMR":1wuv3eqc said:
Is the Rabbitcolors site just whoever posts as a guess as to the color or ??? I see colors that are marked some thing else that I've never heard of show wise or rarely heard them called before when some one mentioned x was also y on a board that had other rabbit breeders from other places in it (Australia and Europe comes to mind).
Are you talking about the "Rabbit Colours and Genetics" section on RabbitTalk? It's for any discussion on color and genetics. Some people know more than others, so some answers are more of a guess than others (but they'll usually say as much).

I do know that terms for a particular color can vary from breed to breed, and from country to country. :shock:

Doeling- young doe rabbit under 6m
Buckling- young buck rabbits under 6m
*I know i use these alot and get ????? becouse of it

FG- Flemish Gaint
FW- Florida White

Newbie- someone new to rabbits
Ole' timer- someone whos been doing this a looong time

if I may ask, what's BOSS? besides Best Optical Selling System from the optical center which I work. lol

also Binkie is such a cute term when used with buns. and its cute when they binkie.

popples is funny ^^

Screamer - kit that screams when you pick it up ... some have habitual screamers, some only do it from surprise, but it is very unsettling when it happens to you :lol:

Chitter - the sound a bunny makes when it is happy to see you ... sort of like the sound a cat makes when hunting.

What do you call them when they scream and pee when you pick them up? I had a whole litter of french angoras who did that :D

Pucksfolly":1mtzdwcz said:
What do you call them when they scream and pee when you pick them up? I had a whole litter of french angoras who did that :D

well, if they just screamed, they would be "screamers", but adding the urination aspect, I would call them "screaming pissers" and hope they grow out of it.

I have a REW sr doe that still screams at the gentlest touch....hence the name "Flake"

Awesome thread!! This one needs to be stickied!! This is the first time I've seen it.

Also, I haven't seen the lops on here, so...

ML - mini lop
HL - Holland Lop
EL or eLop - English lop
FL - French lop
VL or Vlop - Velveteen lop
Plushie - Plush lop

I call 'REW's Ruby Eyed Whites. They seem a little less Rabbit of Caerbannog with 'ruby' eyes instead of 'red' ones. And, for those of you who didn't see Monty Python's "The Holy Grail", the Rabbit of Caerbannog was the Killer Bunny, er, Killer Rabbit.

Oh, and REW is pronounce 'Roo' when talking to bunny folks.

DH can also be Dratted Husband or Darn Husband or .....

And EA for English Angora. In case it hasn't been mentioned yet.

hotzcatz":37va3t3j said:
I call 'REW's Ruby Eyed Whites.

Same here, I never call them red eyed whites because if you look at them they aren't really red to me, but light blueish, pinkish, rubyish color. :) I think its more fitting.

Latest posts

Back