For auto water systems...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would say opaque- blocks UV rays that will allow algae growth.

What- no pvc?

:eek: I hope your nipple placement will be anatomically correct! Obviously that chick has never looked at a rabbit's teats. Some people...

I was talking to a guy at Klubertanz, and their recommendation is to T off of a 1/2 inch line with the 5/8 tubing. I am probably going to do the same thing with my growout cages. I ordered valves from Klubertanz... man are they heavy duty! :shock: I'll have to post a pic.

I'm watching those same ones, and trying to decide if I'm going to do the auto waterer. I was going to try it on top of the stackers. I have everything already here except for a spout to connect the bucket to the hose, trying to find one of those instead of buying the whole kit.

skysthelimit":1zhctsrn said:
I'm watching those same ones, and trying to decide if I'm going to do the auto waterer. I was going to try it on top of the stackers. I have everything already here except for a spout to connect the bucket to the hose, trying to find one of those instead of buying the whole kit.

Try www.bunnyrabbit.com, they sell those connectors individually....

I bought those same waters off ebay and around here, I could only find the clear line in the size those are. I can't remember off the tip of my head what size they are but it isn't as common and no one carried the opaque in the right size. It may be 7/16ths but I can't remember for sure.

Legacy":1chhxc3q said:
I bought those same waters off ebay and around here, I could only find the clear line in the size those are. I can't remember off the tip of my head what size they are but it isn't as common and no one carried the opaque in the right size. It may be 7/16ths but I can't remember for sure.

It is 5/16ths Inner Diameter...

OneAcreFarm":q3abs9ao said:
Legacy":q3abs9ao said:

they came today and here's what I found...

The nipple does not readily fit inside the t connector, and if a bit of pressure is applies, the t connector breaks.

skysthelimit":2eiu3hs4 said:
OneAcreFarm":2eiu3hs4 said:
Legacy":2eiu3hs4 said:

they came today and here's what I found...

The nipple does not readily fit inside the t connector, and if a bit of pressure is applies, the t connector breaks.

You don't attach the nipple DIRECTLY to the T-connector. You attach the nipple to a piece of tubing and the tubing attaches to the T-connector.... ;)<br /><br />__________ Thu May 31, 2012 3:49 pm __________<br /><br />Tubing...

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/KURIYA ... 944&ci_sku

OneAcreFarm":19vr8ugh said:
You don't attach the nipple DIRECTLY to the T-connector. You attach the nipple to a piece of tubing and the tubing attaches to the T-connector.... ;)

__________ Thu May 31, 2012 3:49 pm __________

Tubing...

I love this forum. It would have been nice if the guy had included some instructions :) you can't assume people know what they are doing just because they buy something. you know, I have yet to find instructions on line, I just see the kits, so I try to replicate it from the picts. Perhaps I will make a tutorial as I go along.

skysthelimit":ym7u896i said:
OneAcreFarm":ym7u896i said:
You don't attach the nipple DIRECTLY to the T-connector. You attach the nipple to a piece of tubing and the tubing attaches to the T-connector.... ;)

__________ Thu May 31, 2012 3:49 pm __________

Tubing...

I love this forum. It would have been nice if the guy had included some instructions :) you can't assume people know what they are doing just because they buy something. you know, I have yet to find instructions on line, I just see the kits, so I try to replicate it from the picts. Perhaps I will make a tutorial as I go along.

I only know because of looking at TONS of pictures! LOL Do make a tutorial, I am sure it will be very useful!

I used green tubing because that's what was available. I ordered from Bass Equipment Co. I couldn't get anyone at Klubertanz to answer the phone.

I ordered:

Qty Part No Name Options Price Discount Total
--- ------- ------------------------- ------- ----- -------- ------
12 811 5/16' flexible PVC tubing $0.25 $0.00 $3.00
1 840 Tee $0.70 $0.00 $0.70
10 102 Valve Bracket $0.75 $0.00 $7.50
10 101 Small Animal Valve $3.25 $0.00 $32.50<br /><br />__________ Thu May 31, 2012 6:17 pm __________<br /><br />Oh, I did a tutorial earlier in the week on creating bucket watering systems.

ollitos":2hrah7co said:
I used green tubing because that's what was available. I ordered from Bass Equipment Co. I couldn't get anyone at Klubertanz to answer the phone.

I ordered:

Qty Part No Name Options Price Discount Total
--- ------- ------------------------- ------- ----- -------- ------
12 811 5/16' flexible PVC tubing $0.25 $0.00 $3.00
1 840 Tee $0.70 $0.00 $0.70
10 102 Valve Bracket $0.75 $0.00 $7.50
10 101 Small Animal Valve $3.25 $0.00 $32.50

__________ Thu May 31, 2012 6:17 pm __________

Oh, I did a tutorial earlier in the week on creating bucket watering systems.

shipping and handling is the killer. $21 for an $8 piece. You bucket does not have a check valve, mines does. But it looks like I'm not going to be able to put a check valve on this one, because it doesn't some in the 5/16 size.

I attempted to make a watering system using PEX tubing and those same ebay nipples. It didn't work out so well. I'm having to redisgn it from scratch. The red T's that came with the nipples are very brittle and break easily. I am looking forward to a nice tutorial as well. Hopefully after I sell some more of my californian bunnies I will be able to afford a decent watering system

raetcd":lgpq5i9s said:
I attempted to make a watering system using PEX tubing and those same ebay nipples. It didn't work out so well. I'm having to redisgn it from scratch. The red T's that came with the nipples are very brittle and break easily. I am looking forward to a nice tutorial as well. Hopefully after I sell some more of my californian bunnies I will be able to afford a decent watering system

I was planning to buy all new T's...since I had heard this from others...

OneAcreFarm":21z0fjoy said:
I bet you could find an adapter for 3/16 to 5/16...

Not without ordering from somewhere. $ shipping is highway robbery. Home depot carries the tubing but nothing else to go with it. I spent some time there before work this morning. By the time I order from bunnyrabbit.com, and they add on an extra $23 for shipping, I might as well buy the whole kit.

Looking at Bass. This may be a good time to look at other things I didn't buy because of shipping.

The 1/4 tube fits into the 5/16, so i'll go with that for now.<br /><br />__________ Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:26 pm __________<br /><br />ok so I put it together but found the nipples too stiff. going to order some new nipples and try this again.

skysthelimit":35aqq81q said:
ok so I put it together but found the nipples too stiff. going to order some new nipples and try this again.

Which nipples did you buy? The ebay ones with the red connectors?

MamaSheepdog":sss3id29 said:
skysthelimit":sss3id29 said:
ok so I put it together but found the nipples too stiff. going to order some new nipples and try this again.

Which nipples did you buy? The ebay ones with the red connectors?

Yes. The kits couldn't seem to get the water out.

Back