Golden Fried Rabbit

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladysown

Staff member
Reaction score
GOLDEN BROWN FRIED RABBIT

2 to 3 lb. fryer rabbit
1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
butter/oil

Shake moist pieces of rabbit in plastic bag in flour and seasonings mix. Brown rabbit in butter/oil in heavy skillet, turning to brown evenly on all sides. Reduce heat, cover and cook slowly about 1 hour or until tender. For crisp crust on rabbit uncover for last 10 to 15 minutes of cooking time. Serves 4 to 6.

this came from the Showbunny rabbit recipe site. http://www.showbunny.com/recipes_using_rabbit.html

I liked it, but I think next time I'll make it by deboning the rabbit first, and making it more like nuggets.<br /><br />__________ Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:01 pm __________<br /><br />these are the following comments:

rabbit nuggets

can you imagine the war if Mcdonalds started carrying them?

would get hubby eating them. He said I like the taste, can't handle the bones (but he doesn't like bones in anything).

Ladysown, one way to deal with your hubby's dislike of bones is to debone everything. You don't even have to be fussy about getting every last bit of meat if you are making soup or stock with the bones. It sure is nice to pull a package of boneless rabbit from the freezer and have it ready for use in stews, stir-fries, casseroles etc.

Back