Rabbit tractors/pasture pens

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ollitos

Reaction score
I would love to see pictures of other people's rabbit tractors/pasture pens.

I've posted mine before, but I'll start it off.

001-5.jpg

Inside the hutch
006-7.jpg

Low pressure waterer, bucket on top
0502120940.jpg

Pen base during construction
0303121003.jpg

Roof framing sitting on top of the pen base
0303121043.jpg

0220121307a-1.jpg

Roof propped open
0220121549.jpg

Today, Greg finished making a duplex. Same pen but divided down the middle to hold two does. The hutches were deeper to accommodate the nesting boxes. I don't have any pics but I'll try to take some in the morning.

...Yea, I still need to either got off my cheap *ss and build one of these things right or pay someone to make me them. But to hire someone would cost soooooo much....ugh...They just look so much nicer w/the wood and all...

You've got a nice wire apron on the inside to keep the rabbits from digging out.

What about an apron on the outside to keep a predator from digging in?

Grumpy.

ollitos, that looks great! It also looks like it would work to isolate a broody hen while she sits on eggs. Definitely will have to put one of those on the project list.

What are the dimensions of the one in the picture? Maybe... 4x8 feet or is it smaller?

-Wendy

Grumpy - I read your post to chickiesnbunnies about predators and it really had me thinking a lot about predators. You are 100% right that given time, anyone with outdoor rabbits is going to face a slaughter. Right now we don't have the exterior skirts but we'll be adding them. Your post really got me thinking. Thanks for taking the time to post it.

Wendy - They're about 4x6.

Here's the one Greg finished last week. The hutch is deeper to accommodate the nesting box turned the opposite direction as in the original pens. This one also has metal roofing since it's all we had on hand. We try to use recycled wood and materials as much as possible.

0518120830.jpg

0518120831.jpg

0518120831a.jpg

Anyone else want to share pics??

Back