What to do with Jaws?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a7736100

Reaction score
I have a BEW male lionhead that loves to bite. He is also hyperactive. I'm surprised that he can be so active and eat so little. He's not yet one and fathered one litter. While I can have him lie calmly on my stomach, he often tries to bite me specially when he first sees me. Don't know if he's glad to see me or what? I know for sure he's not scared of me. Can't decide if it's just juvinile biting till he's more mature. Things is unlike cats, rabbit bites usually draw blood.
He's also aggressive towards other rabbits however after a bigger rabbit mounted him for a few hours he was very quiet for the afternoon. Next day he was his old self.
He also digs a lot. Even in a plastic bottom cage he would dig. at the corners.
His 4 kits born on this Easter so far are not aggressive at all but don't like being flipped on their backs. Don't know if I should breed him again as I certainly don't want biters.

He sounds very hormonal- I would say the jury is out until the kits reach sexual maturity.

Latest posts

Back