Pictures of rabbit colors?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trinityoaks

Reaction score
I'm trying to find some pictures of rabbits of various colors, so that I know what the heck is being referred to on my Brazilian rabbits' pedigrees. I don't need color genetics YET (that'll come later). I saw a Web site with photos of rabbits of various colors (mini-Rex?), but now I'm not finding it.

Specifically, I want to see what these colors look like, and to be able to compare them:

Blue Chin
Blue Fawn
Blue
Tortoiseshell
Opal

A blue chinchilla, is called Squirrel in most breeds, and it is just a dilute chinchilla

This website has some good examples of different colours http://www.tinytotsrabbitry.com/dwarfs/compatible.html

Blue Fawn is very similar looking to Lynx, and the two colours get mixed up a lot the one difference between the two is the lynx will have ring colour (being an agouti) and the blue fawn will not.

Here is another one that I like (Coat Colors of the Domestic Rabbit):

http://www.nockrabbits.com/coat_colors1.html

EDIT: Here is one of my litters with squirrel/blue chin in the foreground with a blue directly behind it and a black chin to the right:

RoamersLitter01-18-2010.jpg

And here is another of my litters with all black tort and blue tort:

AcornsLitter04-13-2010.jpg

And one with opal right in the middle (see the light ears), with lilac on top, lynx to the left, and blue to the right:

TansyLitter01-14-2010b.jpg

Best of luck!

Lauren

Thanks, everyone! Ann, the site you mentioned is EXACTLY what I needed. I did find that nockrabbits site, but since it's mostly drawings, I was having a hard time picturing what those would look like on an actual rabbit. That site will help a lot when I get to the genetics, though.

Glad you liked the pictures, Ann. :)

Also, Trinity, the drawings are there just to organize the groups- you just click on them and then it shows different breed examples of the colors on actual rabbits. Glad you found a site you like though.

Lauren

HendricksHearth":1kzyswa0 said:
Glad you liked the pictures, Ann. :)

Also, Trinity, the drawings are there just to organize the groups- you just click on them and then it shows different breed examples of the colors on actual rabbits.
Ahh! I missed that part! Thanks for pointing that out. Also, thanks for posting your pics, as well!

Back