The Dust Has Settled...In Theory

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pfaubush

Reaction score
I get to come in and lurk, but I've been so slammed around here that posting seemed futile. I have finished building my goat house, chicken coop, pig shelter and pen, composter, and greenhouse. Still trying to get the garden in the ground. Then, a couple of months ago, I bought out part of a rabbitry. I purchased 14 does (mostly bred), some bucks, cages, equipment, and a shed with 16 cages. I paid for all of this, took what I could and was supposed to return for the rest. The woman backed out on the rest and I had to fight to get my pedigrees and money back for what I couldn't transport that day. I never got the shed, but had all these rabbits and nowhere to put them. That was where the bind came in, since I was already at full capacity in my rabbitry.

I went to CL and found 6- 10x20 canopy style carports for $395 and snagged all of them! I have 3 for my rabbits now and they are finally out of DH's shop. I've built several cages and bought...yep...even more rabbits. I now have NZ's in red, white, black, broken, and agouti, Californians, and Flemish Giants. The problem with the Flemish is that she lied on some of the pedigrees and everyone in S. Oregon is running around with FG's that have NZ in their pedigrees. Nobody is happy! I will survive, as I have a purebred doe and buck and can breed it out without a huge impact. Therefore, I have some of what other people bought, since they didn't want them. They are awesome does and the NZ goes back far enough that it won't take tooooooo long.

She also lied on a pedigree for one of my brokens that she had sold to another breeder, who in turn sold it to me. A friend took him up to a show and another breeder that knew the woman ripping me off said that it's great-granddam was a mutt. The judges didn't notice, and actually talked up his colors and markings. Anything out of his breedings will be considered purebred, so I'm still happy about him.

I have also put up a website...but it's not finished yet. I still need to post more pics of my stock. If anyone is interested in looking it's at http://stumpacres.com.

Good thing this is the rabbit 'ramblings' section, since that is what I've been doing. My point of this whole post was that now that things have settled, I might be able to become a member of this board with something to contribute. :D

I'm glad things are settled :)

it sounds like a heck of an adventure - and I'm glad you are back!!

I'm glad things are going better and that you are getting your rabbits settled in. You've certainly had more of your share of aggravations lately!

Anyway, very glad to see you back and look forward to your posts. :)

good lord..that's quite a Saga! Glad it's finally MOSTLY settled..at least enough for you to take a breather now and then.

Good luck with all that..and WOWZERS! I never thought of checking Craig's list for tents or buildings...BIG DUH! on my part. Thanks for the idea!

well then, welcome. glad things are working out for you. Not sure what you meant by saying
but I've been so slammed around here that posting seemed futile
haven't known anyone to do that. So I just glad you're here and able to post. :)

I did a double take about that sentence too, Ladysown... nearly PM'd Pfaubush to find out who here had slammed her. Then I reread it and decided that "here" referred to where she lives... not to our forum. Hope I was right about that, Paula!

Oh, no! Everyone here has been very kind and helpful. I meant the 'spring slam' around our property. You know? One thing after another in order to get ready for summer. Sorry for the confusion.

Latest posts

Back