I wish I had a video camera...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DevonW

Reaction score
(Posted this in my blog)

This past weekend I finally bought a Satin buck (two actually). Except this story is regarding the one my Mom likes to call "Charlie Sheen" a handsome broken blue. I've had him outside all day in the x-pen and he was enjoying himself quite well, eating grass, sleeping in the sun, and random bursts of running and jumping. He was quite the content guy...

...Until I went to bring him back to his cage. My mom and I decided that since he was relaxed and out anyways we should cut his nails. He let us cut them fine, then I had him on my lap patting his head and the dog wanders over and sniffs his face, (now that she's been freshly groomed she's not that much bigger then he is). Well he didn't like that at all, so he leaps off my lap to get away from her. My first instinct is to grab him, which would be fine if he were a 3lb Mini Rex, not a 9lb Satin with giant feet and freshly cut nails except thankfully for me my reflexes weren't quite as fast as a scared rabbit on the run, and I merely received two scratches on my wrist.

He sent a flat of pansies flying, which when they hit the deck were really loud and scared him even more, so he just takes off like a mad man on the run. There we stood watching him run off, the sun glinting off his coat spectacularly as he thundered through the neighbours yard. It was quite impressive watching him move, zig-zagging through the grass. We were sure of one thing as he ran away, we were not going to catch him while he was running. He hasn't even been here that long so he doesn't really know us. We were certain we just lost him.

That thought lasted all of two seconds, as he came to the neighbours yard 2 houses down, and stops running, and starts nosing around in the grass. So, wary of frightening him again, we sneak up on him, my mom going to the left, myself to the right as we go around the neighbours shed. And there Charlie looks at us like "What?" So I get on my hands and knees scoop him up, and we walk back home. He's just hanging in my arms exhausted from the effort. I stuck him back in his cage and he flops on his side dead tired.

And that is why poor Charlie is a domesticated rabbit, and would never make it in the wild. The whole incident couldn't have taken more then 2 minutes, but it will definitely be in my memory for a long time.

i read that twice and laughed both times. Jim just shook his head and asked "why does her mom call him charlie sheen?"

Omg I still am laughing... I called him Charlie Sheen because he's very handsome and being a Satin is the "Sheen of the Fancy" However he earned a new name that day.. Pinball :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back