Hey! TruckingGuy!! What 'cha up to?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anntann

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Things going okay up there in the frigid north? Rabbits still going great guns?

Just hadn't heard much from you lately and have been thinking about you and how driving on frozen but rainy roads is going :( It gets nasty here in March with the ground still frozen, and a lot of rain that then freezes. shivery scary to drive on sometimes.

Well, goldarnit, how did I go and miss this thread? I was just checking some back threads and stumbled on this one. Sorry, I hope you didn't think I was ignoring you!

Sometimes I don't post for a while, I just get in a mood and keep to myself. I just have to wait for it to pass and I"m good to go again for a while.

In answer to your question, this winter wasn't too bad, we only had two or three storms that were of any concern and we were real slow at work so it wasn't much of an issue. I"m so glad it's over, though, and we're getting busy now that the nice weather is here, filling a lot of pools and getting a month's head start on our season.

I've cut back on the number of rabbits here, I"m going with two bucks and four does as that is the limit I've found for the garage. Any more and it gets too stinky. I put three in the freezer today and I have two ten day old litters going at the moment, one litter of five and the other of six.

Again, sorry I missed the thread. Thanks for thinkin' about me.... :)

Oh I'm GLAD you answered :) I DO understand about just going off the boards for awhile. Thinking about it myself just now.

Winter wasn't bad down here, either. Lots of snow early, and then...not much coming down. Didn't get too terrible cold, either. 4 does,...that's like 20 kits every 3 months? That's a LOT of meat :) Go you! I'm still trying to figure out how many I want to have for the meat buns. I'm thinking 3 and the 1 buck. The angoras...well, gosh. 3 does gave us 15 kits. so that's MORE than enough for woolers.

Are you going to be able to put them outside this summer? To give your nasal passages a break? :D

Anyway. Glad you're doing fine. Once I saw some posts from you here and on HT I stopped worrying. but, ya know how it goes...someone you like, who lives alone, WAAAAAYyy up north, and they go missing on the boards..you start to worry :D

Thanks, I appreciate that. It's not the boards, just sometimes I get overwhelmed about things in general and keep to myself until I feel better. It's ongoing...

I don't breed on a regular schedule so I don't have that many kits at a time. I have two ten day old litters and I don't have any does pregnant right now. I might breed the other two soon. I'm in no hurry and I don't have any particular goals I'm trying to reach.

As to putting them outside this summer, I"m always trying to think of better ways to run this little operation. I would really like to free up my garage so I can store my truck in there this winter but it's REALLY convenient in the winter weather to have them in the attached garage and not have to go outside to feed and water them. I have reduced the number of bunnies I have now so I clean the poo pans every day and there isn't much smell. As I complete more units of the new setup I posted about a while ago it will eliminate the poo pans and make it easier to keep clean.

I"ve been thinking about chickens but that's not official yet as I"m trying to get alot of other projects done.

Back