What kinds of pelts do crafters love?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoneyTree

Reaction score
I'm planning on tanning meat rabbit hides for myself to use for making lap blankets and to trim clothing, but I want to use them as trade items, too. Can anyone speak to which types of hides crafters tend to like best? Do people mostly go for texture or color? Do they like to buy several pelts of all the same color, or a mixture?

Thanks for any replies!

I don't know, but I would like to!

I haven't seen any posts on the subject, either. You might try asking the question on a crafter's forum and see what they say... and please post your findings here on RT! :D

Some Native Americans I know want the earthy- roufous colours-- so agouti in grey, black, red, etc-- Something you may try-- Go to a craft fair, take some pelts with you, of the various kinds you would have to offer, and show them to people who are using feathers and fur in their works.. The tanned pelt off a eg may be more desirable for some than the longer hairded trunk-- fly tie-ers like facial furs, Some people want a whole hide, some want in tube form, some split mid belly, others split along the color change line, if there is one.. Find out what your local marker wants, meet the demand, and word will spread---

Back