Mini Mobile Rabbit Colony

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PulpFaction

Reaction score
Hi guys, finally made it over from Homsteadingtoday.com.

Just a quick briefing, I found a young Thrianta buck from a great breeder up here at the shelter a couple of weeks ago. I already had a sable otter Rex doe, and there was nary a wire cage, or a place to put it in sight.

Sooo...I now have what MAY BE the first ever mini rabbit colony in the back of my Ford Ranger. It's just the pair of them, but I'm sure there will be popples some time in the near future. (Frank is a very randy little buck!)

It's not ideal as it's so small, but for the time being until I get my barn built, it will certainly suffice. It's been interesting seeing the tunnels and burrows develop in the bale of straw that I used as bedding. It's a lot of fun watching them interact and enjoy their surroundings, and it's just about the most secure colony I could have ever dreamed up. (No digging out, no risk of predators, easy to clean out, etc.)

Attachments

• IMG_0123.JPG
    203.5 KB · Views: 1,736
If it weren't for the little ruby glow in the Rex doe's eye. I would have never noticed she was in the picture lol!

I think it's a really cool and creative colony ;)

No offense, PulpFaction, but the first thing that came to mind was: "You might be a redneck if..."

Anyway, neat idea! Let us know how it goes!

lyndseyrk":d02pfjst said:
No offense, PulpFaction, but the first thing that came to mind was: "You might be a redneck if..."

Anyway, neat idea! Let us know how it goes!

Trust me, that was something I had to get past! Ultimately, though, wanting bunnies won out. I'm still taking flack from my boyfriend and his boss, though!

Back