sometimes I tire of it

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladysown

Staff member
Reaction score
....but can't you make a deal?

I can get a bunny with a cage for $30 so why can't I get this one with a cage for the same?

because this is just a baby.

You want a bunny with a cage... go get that adult with a cage.
You want a cheap bunny... go get the one that is bred by someone with no return policy, no follow up care, no health guarantee... go ahead.

SOMETIMES>>> I tire of the "let's make a cheap deal" people.

To be clear...
I have NO issues with the people who say can we bargain, would you trade, would you consider...
it's the cheap dealers that I at times struggle with.

I understand how you feel.

I wonder if you could just tell them, "I am sorry you cannot afford to buy this level of animal."

...then let them babble, as you laugh to yourself....

When someone tells me they can get anything cheaper elsewhere, I smile and say: "Wow! That's a really good deal! Your should buy it there." Shuts them right up. Either they buy or they don't, but at least I don't have to waste energy on explanations.

MaggieJ":ngt5kll4 said:
When someone tells me they can get anything cheaper elsewhere, I smile and say: "Wow! That's a really good deal! Your should buy it there." Shuts them right up. Either they buy or they don't, but at least I don't have to waste energy on explanations.

I like that response ! :bunnyhop:

i like it! :) I'll use it next time! :)

my prices are what they are because I offer lifetime support. Doesn't mean I always know the answer, but I'll do the best I can by you. And I'll take it back. Stores won't. the $5-20 sellers won't.

So it irks me sometimes...not feeling well it particularly irks me. :)

Justin":cvxrnfje said:
I understand how you feel.

I wonder if you could just tell them, "I am sorry you cannot afford to buy this level of animal."

...then let them babble, as you laugh to yourself....
MaggieJ":cvxrnfje said:

Both of those are AWESOME!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've not so tactfully sent a few people to the shelter to adopt. You want my young pedigreed rabbit or show quality adult you pay this or you can go get a mixed breed adult pet. Then there's always the "but I'm buying 3 rabbits don't I get a discount?" If I wanted to offer discounts I'd price individuals higher so I could afford them. I finally upped all my prices cause it just isn't worth the questions and meeting people otherwise. Less people go through with purchasing but I even netherlands can be butchered for pet food so I don't really care if I fail to sell them all. Although at $20 each I actually have a waiting list on my ND right now including the ones with only half a pedigree.

Someone emailed me and asked me does it come with a cage. I told them I'm not running a rescue, these bunnies are for show, I'm not trying to dump off my unwanted bunnies, I could just as well feed them to the dogs, and I will. Matter of fact, if I keep selling them, I won't have any for freezer camp, which was the original intent of this project.

Netherlands are usually not cheap.anything with pedigrees is 30 and up.I sometimes do discounts on trios but honestly feed is soo expensive now im raising my prices.

My netherlands live on air I swear. They drink their share of water and does with a bunch of kits ready to wean will make a dent in their feed but the hay bins and pellet feeders that last the mini rex a day or 2 last the netherland single cage or doe with kits below weaning age a week or for hay sometimes 2-3weeks. If all I had were netherlands my feed bill would be nothing. I have to dump out hay to the colony just because it's been in there so long it's turning brown from light or they've sat on it and pooped too much from climbing in the hay silos despite being 14" high. I could probably quadruple my rabbit numbers and not touch my current feed bill if I switched to all netherlands.

Back