They've KINDLED!!! (with pictures)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anntann

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
POPPLES!!

joy joy joy happy bounce... :bounce:

Day 30 if they were bred between the first day and the second that Chuck was in the colony...that sneaky little Buck!

There was something DIFFERENT about them this morning. The whole room was really quiet, oddly. (3week old chicks are NEVER quiet during the morning) All three does were sitting quietly near the tunnel, and only 2 hopped over to me to get dandelions. Then CB decided she come over...tentatively. Now...CB is usually the very FIRST to get treats, so this is ODD

I went quietly over to the tunnel and opened it up...WOOOHOOO!!!! a huge PILE of fur, and if you look carefully, you can see it goes over to the right UNDER the hay.
DSCF4543.jpg

Then I reached down and opened it a bit...WOOOTT!! 3 little white rhinos.
DSCF4539.jpg

Moved a bit more fur and MORE!!
DSCF4540.jpg

I kept move fur to the side and feeling around lightly. SQUEEEE!!!! Even MORE!! Back under the hay, deep in the hay, on top of the outside bit...my goodness!
DSCF4541.jpg

Proud Mama Fat Little Bunny making sure I'm not doing anything with her popples! All three does were over with me. Chocolate Bunny gave me quite a start when she poked her nose under my face as I was leaning in to inspect the offspring :)
DSCF4545.jpg

I didn't do a real look and count. Just enough to know that there are at least 11, all warm and moving and NEW (the ones at the front were still slightly wet) At this point all I can see are BLACK and WHITE, but we'll see what develops over the next few days :D

Congratulations! I love new litters! I'm waiting for Scarlett and her daughter Wanda to kindle, they were both bred on the same day and today is day 32 for both of them. Almost every litter I've had here has been born late on day 32 for some reason. They are both HUGE!

Congrats on your new popples!

Well dang. Looks like there are 12 1 day olds, and 3 brand new kits. Vienna apparently hadn't had her babies yet...until this afternoon. :)

Took everyone out, counted. 15 squiggly kits. 1 of them looks really tiny, and 5 are HUGE (thankyou Chocolate Bunny). A couple look to be something OTHER than black or white! :bananadance2: There are a couple that have odd coloring around the head and hips. skin sort of pink elsewhere, but a grayey blue around the head and hip area. One of the "blacks" has a VERY white tummy.

I may put vienna and her 3 (she was VERY protective of the nest, btw) in a separate pen, just to give them a chance. Dunno. we'll see what tomorrow brings. After I closed up the nest, all three does hopped inside (one at a time) to check things out.

FLB continues to be sweet. CB is slightly aggressive..not nearly as bad as last time, tho. Vienna just looks confused :D

golly. 15. That's a passle of kits for me. I'll need a bigger house....

Congratulations, Ann! :mbounce: :mbounce: Glad to hear that Vienna kindled too!

You'll have to keep a close eye on Vienna's three to make sure they are being fed. The possible problem I see with separating them is that it may confuse and/or upset her even more. Do you know if each doe feeds her own or if it is just a free-for-all when any doe goes into the nest? Tricky situation... and I hope you are taking notes for the future!

It's looking like CB goes way back, FLB goes to the center, Vienna...no clue. The kits are all over the place tho. So FREE FOR ALL...but the does are in there a LOT.

I did put Vienna's back up front, so maybe they'll get fed more easily. The mass of 12 is just...my goodness..they're SQUIGGLY.

They will need to be closely monitored, I agree. Learning curve...next time either it's 1)one doe bred at a time (like...every month a different doe) or 2)At 3 weeks they get separated so I can keep track of what's going on. Just can't believe they decided on a COMMUNAL nest :x

The more I think on it...the first option may work best. Constant supply of kits (maybe), gives the does 3 months between litters or more, and I don't have to find homes for 15 at a time. :eek: Although it really

Latest posts

Back