Register

Selling Rabbit Manure

From vermiculture and selling rabbit manure to rent-a-bunny for Easter photographs, this forum is a place to discuss other ideas for making a profit from rabbits.
10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 33,996.00

Re: Selling Rabbit Manure

Post Number:#31  Unread postby ladysown » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:07 am

piggie poo is the same as bunny poo. :) Just harder to work with as it squishes more.
ladysown

http://athomepets.weebly.com/
Primary Blog : http://athomepets.weebly.com/at-home-pets-blog.html
Old Blog: blogs/athomepets/

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership
Female
BunnyBucks: 21,399.00

Post Number:#32  Unread postby Frosted Rabbits » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:03 am

I put a Taro root(Elephant Ear plant) into some rabbit manure this summer-- sad to say-- I had to remove it-- the nitrogen levels were too high for it, and it was burning...
Terry
Help keep two Medical Service Dogs in top health: gofundme.com/1yvfgk

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 443.00

Post Number:#33  Unread postby digitaloutlaw » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:54 am

your not suppose to put in directly into the POO. My family has been using rabbit poo for along time the way we do it is plow it into the soil.

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 31,400.00

Post Number:#34  Unread postby OneAcreFarm » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:00 am

So I get a call from a guy wanting to buy half a truck bed of rabbit manure....what would you charge for this?

http://www.oneacrefarmrabbits.com
~A micro-attempt at self-sufficiency~

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 48,829.00

Post Number:#35  Unread postby skysthelimit » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:21 am

I've just been giving it away, no one wants to buy it here, no one wants to pay for anything around here, that's just the way it is.
German Shepherds*Rush Hour Rabbitry*Rex *Jersey Wooly*French Angora
http://www.foursquaremicrofarm.us

BunnyBucks: 87,563.00

Post Number:#36  Unread postby MamaSheepdog » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:47 am

Giving it AWAY??? (Reels in horror!) Start spreading it on your garden beds and along the fence line where you are planning on growing bunny weeds. Not too close to the fence since you have dogs- since they run the fence lines you should leave them a path behind your weed beds so they don't trample it all. You can plant directly into piles of compostable stuff, just dig a little depression where you want to plant seeds or seedlings and fill with compost/dirt. By the end of the season even a small mound will be almost fully composted.
Victory Garden Rabbits

Proud new owner of the highly coveted Get-away-with-it-card! (Homer's gift to me in a feeble attempt to curry favor and avoid the ban hammer.)

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery. - Thomas Jefferson

BunnyBucks: 7,979.00

Post Number:#37  Unread postby JessicaR » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:57 pm

I have to give mine away too! Mostly though I just spread it around the trees and flowers. I cant put it in the backyard because the dogs like bunny berries! :sick:

Post Number:#38  Unread postby skysthelimit » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:02 pm

MamaSheepdog wrote:Giving it AWAY??? (Reels in horror!) Start spreading it on your garden beds and along the fence line where you are planning on growing bunny weeds. Not too close to the fence since you have dogs- since they run the fence lines you should leave them a path behind your weed beds so they don't trample it all. You can plant directly into piles of compostable stuff, just dig a little depression where you want to plant seeds or seedlings and fill with compost/dirt. By the end of the season even a small mound will be almost fully composted.

I've used all I can. I have a nice yard for the city but not a large garden, it's mostly for the dogs. They run the yard, fence line and all, they trampl everything from the edge of the fence to the driveway, and pee on the fence. Weeds are dead because of pee, all round the edges of the yard. No weeds grow there, no grass. Besides they will just eat it anyway. I can't spread too much, the neighbors would complain about the smell, and it takes a while to simmer down. My backyard is my neighbors front yard.

BunnyBucks: 180.00

Post Number:#39  Unread postby RedneckRabbitry » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:32 pm

im trading my manure for veggies from a couple that sell veggies at farmers market. or donate it to our cities community garden

BunnyBucks: 1,304.00

Post Number:#40  Unread postby SMR » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:48 pm

TRIED selling by bag for 1.00 for 50lb bag of it and by 8 ft truck bed heaped in 50.00 deliver with in 20 miles of house round trip, 1.00 more per mile out farther or you come and got for $25.00 what ever you could fit on your truck, giving away aka you come cart it off take as much as you want...neither worked. So its been heaped all winter and being spread out for garden plots this year. Usually use it in the garden any way, but never this much. I've never had a problem putting lettuce, corn, etc straight into it...course its never 'fresh' and has been limed before use.

BunnyBucks: 87,563.00

Post Number:#41  Unread postby MamaSheepdog » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:50 pm

I never have enough compost- the more the better around here!
Victory Garden Rabbits

Proud new owner of the highly coveted Get-away-with-it-card! (Homer's gift to me in a feeble attempt to curry favor and avoid the ban hammer.)

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery. - Thomas Jefferson

Post Number:#42  Unread postby skysthelimit » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:20 pm

MamaSheepdog wrote:I never have enough compost- the more the better around here!

One of the benefits of country life. One day I will be able to afford a real farm, then I can do as I please ;)

Previous