Californian Litter Size

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pheasant283

Reaction score
We are expecting our first Californian litters in a few days. Just wondering what to Californians usually average for litter size?

I don't know about other Cals, but one of my two Cal does just had a litter of 11 yesterday. The breeder I bought them from said their last litters were 12 and 15.

I had Californians maybe 20+ years ago. I don't remember huge litters - just 8 or 9.

One of my Harlequins had 12 in her last litter. :D

I had a doe kindled a week early in December and lost 12. Most of mine have been 5-6 though. I've got 4 due any day now, so we'll see.

CA doe had 9 kits tonite! Here's the story on our CA's we got a trio to add to our herd, however had a friend pick them up from a sale for us. They are not papered which is fine for the CA's our meat rabbits. However they were bred & we did not know this till a few days ago, when we were palpating the rex and wanted to show the wife what an unbred one felt like so took out a CA to show her & well there was something in there.. So put in nest boxes, for the two does. & the kits are black, soo they are cross which is fine. We got more than we paid for I guess.

Latest posts

Back