Single kit

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Half Caper Farm

Reaction score
One of my Harlequins, a first-timer, finally decided to produce (I think she's on her third try :? ). I saw her making a nest early this morning, and when I checked around 10:30, she had a single kit. I checked her again a few minutes ago and still only one kit. :evil:

If she hasn't had anymore by tonight or tomorrow morning, I think I'll foster it to the Lionhead doe that kindled this morning, and breed her back. I think it will do better in a litter than as a singleton. If necessary, I could foster a couple of the Lionhead kits to the other LH doe that kindled yesterday. Musical rabbits! :lol:

I agree that the kit will do better in a litter than as a singleton. Hope your doe does better next time around. You might want to move the kit tonight rather than waiting until morning... or bring it indoors overnight. It's still pretty chilly at night. My Polly kindled only two the other day... It was late afternoon and I thought she just wasn't finished. But she was... and both were dead the next morning. They were well covered with fur, but my guess is that they couldn't generate enough heat to keep themselves warm.

Yes, I just heard a low of -3 tonight! :eek: I'll definitely move that kit if it's still the only one.<br /><br />__________ Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:40 am __________<br /><br />There was a dead kit, partly eaten, on the wire this morning, so good thing I moved the first one!

Back to the buck. :roll:

Back