Clipper recomendations?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uumom2many

Reaction score
I just had an experience shaving my bunny. I tried to use the Whal hair cutter that I've had for years and use on my kids without issue. It does NOT work for angoras. His hair just kept sliding right through it uncut. I ended up just cutting it with shears which left me with little hair to use to spin. He was a bit matted anyway but it wouldn't have been nice to have some left.

Anyway, shaver reccomendations?

I have expensive livestock electric shears, but I was always told that standard electric clippers do not usually work well with angora (tangles, dulls, or won't cut well). A little while back I picked up a pair of Fiskars Soft Touch Pruning Snips/Scissors and they work great with the wool. Here is a link to one so you can check it out:

http://www.amazon.com/Fiskars-12-9921-M ... B00007M9MM

I just make sure to hold the clippers at an angle parallel with the skin so I don't accidentally nip the bunny. I brush/blow the coat out a bit before I shear also, that way I can address any trouble spots before I harvest the angora.

Best of luck!

Lauren

Latest posts

Back