How long to rebreed the doe back to the buck,,,

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lildove

Reaction score
It sucks having one doe.... And one buck. But thats all i need...

She had a litter the 13th... And all 6 are doing good...

My question is when will I be able to rebreed her again??

I re-breed on a 3 week schedule because I wean at 6 weeks for my meat does. But that is provided that the doe is maintaining good condition. That gives them a full week off before having more.

For my pet rabbits I just got, I will probably re-breed on a 2 weeks schedule and wean at 4 weeks. Which will give 2 weeks off.

Each person you ask will give you a different answer. Some have does being bred on or right after the day they give birth, some wait a few days, some wait a week, some wait 2 weeks, some wait a month, some wait until the kits are fully ready to sell at 8 weeks.... and everyone manages to do it with their does staying in good health. It just depends on need, opinion, and what the line (even within breeds different lines will perform differently) and feeding style can support.

akane":15v6ctzl said:
Each person you ask will give you a different answer. Some have does being bred on or right after the day they give birth, some wait a few days, some wait a week, some wait 2 weeks, some wait a month, some wait until the kits are fully ready to sell at 8 weeks.... and everyone manages to do it with their does staying in good health. It just depends on need, opinion, and what the line (even within breeds different lines will perform differently) and feeding style can support.

So true. I have one doe I rebred at 14 days, and she looks great, kits were eating pellets and hay at 2 weeks anyway. the other doe won't accept a buck, and the litter is 6wks old. so I will wait till she is ready.

So i can rebreed her any time? She is healthy and taking really good care of the kits that she has.

lildove":2ybgj2fy said:
So i can rebreed her any time? She is healthy and taking really good care of the kits that she has.

Lildove, until you know how she handles it, I would not go any sooner than 14 days. If this is her first litter, you may want to wait 28 days. See how she does. If she handles it fine, then push to 21 days for the third litter, then 14 days for the fourth. It really depends on how well she handles not just having one litter, but the breed back and being pregnant while nursing. Also, when are you planning on weaning the kits? I breed mine back two weeks before weaning so that they have two weeks with no kits in between.

Latest posts

Back