Californian Colors

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pheasant283

Reaction score
Got some rabbit software. Added in info for our Rex then the CA's. However for color in the CA's we have to options, Standard and Black & White. What is the difference between the 2??

Cals can carry Rew so sometimes you get white as they came out of NZW's; sometimes you will get seals, a double dose of chinchilla gene. so standard refers to the accepted black point colour.

Some people call colours different things. For breeds that only have one colour recognized it's called standard in most software, but some people prefer to list what standard colour actually is, so it appears you're software gives you that option.

The software I have for my pedigrees, under the Mini Rex I have the option of putting White, or Ruby Eyed White. In Mini Rex REW is not called REW it's simply called White, but that confuses some people because White can also be BEW (which is listed). So some people instead of using White for a REW Mini Rex will just put REW to cause less confusion.

Back