Prices for your rabbits?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjr6257

Reaction score
Is there anyone in California that can tell me the price they sell their processed rabbits for? I'm hoping to get a response from someone who doesn't sell to niche markets is SF or LA, someone in the more rural areas of CA. Anyone?? Thanks. So far I've decided $13 for my rabbits, but I've only just started trying to sell them (to private parties) None of my local grocers stock them and tell me they can get them but have a min. order of 8 or so and the prices have been around $4-5 a lb. I'm not trying to make a living at this, I'll probably only sell 4-5 doz. a year, so I haven't analyzed my cost precisely to determine my prices. I just figured I'd go with the fair market value was in my area. Thanks for any input.

Can't help you with your local pricing, TJR, but here I won't sell a rabbit for less than $10 and this year I think I will be charging $12 - $15. Any less than that and I'd be better off putting them in my own freezer. Some people will try to beat you down by saying they can get it much cheaper than that elsewhere. I just smile and say: "What a bargain! You should definitely get them there." Decide what you want for them and then stand firm.

Back