6 Lovely healthy POPPLES!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anntann

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
POPPLES!!!

6 of them, all squirmy and happy and newborn. There were originally 8, 2 doa which she ate some of...yum...(ewwww). BUT the 6 that are alive are all the same size, all the same length, all the same "squirminess". They were dry, so probably a couple hours old. Nobody looked particularly tubby, but she's a good mom and I'm not worried about them being fed. In fact, she hopped in right after I closed the cage and pushed them back into a ball, and pulled more fur.(like they needed more...sheesh :roll: )

Now we wait for Friday when the eggs should hatch! (provided they're viable and managed to grow something other than bacteria. )

happy happy joy joy! AND I'm pretty sure that Chuck has managed to breed at least TWO of the girls. Not sure about Chocolate Bunny, but I'm 90% on Vienna, and about 80% sure on FLB. He's gone from being low man on the totem pole to being groomed and feted by the girls. I should really weigh them today, and then again in 2 weeks.

Poor little junior girl tho. :( She just sits in her cage watching everyone play! Then she goes into her litter box and rolls around. .... not sure what that's all about....

But she can go back in later. She'll survive.

picture. well. they look JUST like the last ones :) black fat worms, wrinkly. :lol:

I'll probably take a picture or three in a few days. She's very worried when I open the nest, so I'm going to let it be for a day at least.

great news :) congrats
just repost the picture and tell us it's the new batch :)

well BUGGER :( 3 dead. <sigh>

One I thought had been stomped on...couldn't move his hind legs and cried when I touched him...but then started to move so I left him. Then this morning I cleaned out the nestbox and found 3 dead. Off to one side. One was smashed (ribs broken).

She panicked last night during the thunderstorm at least once that I saw and jumped in the nestbox..I'm guessing she smashed the three of them :(

I've given her a 2nd box as a "house" now. I'm also going to build the next nestbox longer, with a longer "back room" for the kits. Also...Mama-san is going on a diet. I've let her get too fat. :(

Ah well. Live and learn. Or refuse to learn and just take your chances, eh?

So sorry... that is really bad luck. Some rabbits are really panicky about thunderstorms. If you get any more bad storms, it might be a good idea to take the nest box out until it is over.<br /><br />__________ Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:22 am __________<br /><br />

Back