Eye dropper vs syringe

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladysown

Staff member
Reaction score
WOW!!!

Does an eye dropper type of dispenser work WAY better than a syringe for administering oral meds/juices/thinned yogurt.

They are tapered.

They can fit nicely into the pouch of a rabbits' mouth.

AND for bunnies who LIKE pineapple juice, you can control how much they get AND they can lap it up and you can see it flowing out. (this is way cool).
the bunnies FIGHT THEM LESS!!!! woot woot!!!!

Disadvantage....harder to control the flow back...such as if you accidentally release the bulb...it will suck up the juice the rabbit just took. (I hope that made sense).

I think i'll invest in a few more eye droppers rather than the syringes for the overall ease in administering fluids to bunnies. need plastic NOT glass...and having measurements on it is very helpful too. I think I should be able to find them in the baby med sections of pharmacies....

Ask at the pharmacy. When my kids were little, they used to give them to me to dispense my kids RX. All I had to do was ask. I used to have a ton, but they've disappeared or the numbers have faded. Last time I checked, you could buy them in a 2 pack. They would hold about 2 tsp. and were plastic.

i would want gleass, the last rabbit i treated bit the end of the plastic one and chewed it up before i could get it out of her mouth

I found an assortment of "baby" bottles and nipples for baby animals )kittens, puppies, rabbits, etc.) at Gebo's (kind of a regional version of Tractor Supply Co.). Unfortunately, this was AFTER I lost my first litter, two of which we were trying to hand-feed. TSC had only the kitten nipple, which is WAY too big for a newborn bunny. They were all the same brand, and had the label of the KMR company.

I don't want glass for one reason only..I"M CLUMSY!
the second is I have a helpful four year old who is right in there helping me all the time.

if a rabbit bit glass the way some bite syringes glass would break too
much much worse

Back