Homemade pee guards

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trinityoaks

Reaction score
What can I use for making my own pee guards that the rabbits won't chew up? I have stacked cages, and a couple of my top rabbits pee over the sides instead of into their poo pans.

Galvanized flashing from the hardware store. It comes in a variety of lengths and widths. You could likely attach it with C rings.

Aren't the edges rather sharp? How do I keep the rabbits (and myself) from getting cut?

Nah- the milled edges are pretty smooth. The trouble you will have is on your cut edges- it is hard to cut straight with tin snips, and those edges will be sharp, but a file would take care of that.

Hubs says a tin shop would cut it for you, and I know they can bend the edges over as well. He doesn't think they would charge much to do it, especially with the economy as it is now. They might even have a better material cost if it is something they use regularly.

I use drip edge from the hardware store. My husband drills two holes in each end and we zip tie them to the cages. This has worked well for us. Looking for pics. :) Found one that shows a corner pee guard. You can see how we attached

Click link for bigger pic.: gallery/image.php?album_id=74&image_id=602

Attachments

• phpGIlpvA_c3PM.jpg
    phpGIlpvA_c3PM.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 5,193
drip edge is more expensive
get the widest flashing I use alumni, and bend it. and cut it, I like the Al, cause you score it with a knife and then bend it back and forward, and it breaks, it's not sharp, but will cut like a saw.

OneAcreFarm":2ibl9ouo said:
I am still wanting to try those buckets....

Uh-oh... now I have two Moderators wanting the secret to my buckets! I'd best get to it before you ban me or something. :shock: It is supposed to be stormy the next couple of days so I'll work on it!

MamaSheepdog":1vxqnrq6 said:
Uh-oh... now I have two Moderators wanting the secret to my buckets! I'd best get to it before you ban me or something. :shock: It is supposed to be stormy the next couple of days so I'll work on it!
Yep! Let's see.... what's this new colorful little button do? :twisted:

Back