My newest acquisition - Orange Satin Buck

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bramble Hedge

Reaction score
Well I just can't help myself when it comes to a lovely bunny, and now I have brought this little boy, he is an orange satin buck. But i just love him, now a friend has messaged me to let me know she has a lovely black satin doe that will go lovely with him lol oh well whats one more bunny? :lol:

Attachments

• orange satin buck.jpg
    orange satin buck.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 2,092
Awwwwwwwww! Y'know what the problem is with RT? People post their brags of their new bunnies, and you think "Hmmmm... that's an interesting breed, and what a great color. I could use a few of those..."

Being geographically isolated as I am, I have been fairly safe from running out and collecting random bunnies. But I am beginning to question the wisdom of attending a rabbit show. Danger must lurk 'round every corner!

Congrats, Bramble! I love satins! So, when is his little girlfriend coming home?

Interesting color. We bread a California doe with a black rex and got a 2 very interesting orange and black calico bunns. Go figure. Their fur is much courser than either parent.

DanaYares":29unu6ej said:
Interesting color. We bread a California doe with a black rex and got a 2 very interesting orange and black calico bunns. Go figure. Their fur is much courser than either parent.

Ooh! I would love to see pictures....I have Cals and I just got some Choco Rex and was wondering what crossing them would give me....

My friend bought 4 Cals, and was told one was a buck but all are does. She bought a Castor Rex buck from me but hasn't bred them yet. When she does, I'll post pics.

Ok so I didnt go with my friends black satin doe I am off to pick this lovely girl up on Tuesday and I am very excited, she is a copper satin doe and comes rung with pedigree. she is 5 months old and her sister has been doing very well at shows, both parents have reached Champion level.

Alexis.jpg

Yes Bramble,
Copper will go much better with a RED Satin then a Black.
The red may improve the Copper and the Copper may help to intensify the Red.
Best of luck with your new charges.
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

Very pretty girl! What is the age difference? Will the buck be ready to breed when she is? Only asking because I am eagerly awaiting popple-pics!

Yes, I could see she is much older than he.

Do you have access to another buck to breed to if he is slow to mature? Or better yet, could you leave her there long enough to get bred? Then you'll have two bloodlines out of her to cross!

Well I am not a very patient person when it comes to waiting to pick up a new bunny and the 5 days it will be by Tuesday is way too long lol but then I could as you say find another bunny lol

Latest posts

Back