What is this kit??? I am so confused over it... lol

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Typykal

Reaction score
2516583.jpg

I have this kit in the nestbox....

Is it a mismarked Tri?

When the fur first starting coming in I thought it had gotten a stain on it...but many scrubbings later - the spot remains and it would seem that this is actual color. Boggling my mind! It resulted from a Black doe on a broken black buck. The doe has thrown tort before when bred to a known nonextension carrier. I've been reading on tri a little but that much genetics talk really is above and beyond me...

What do you guys think?

It is adorable! Here I was ready to enjoy a nice boring litter to hopefully put some more blacks and brokens on the show team....and out pops this little number lol. So much for boring =)

:razz: Wow! A little broken black with a copper doubloon! How adorable and quirky! :razz:

I have no idea on the genetics, but it sure is cute!!!

That rabbit it what I like to call, black spotty with a little brown spot. Isn't my knowledge of Fur amazing? :mrgreen:
When it it comes to genetics, I draw a blank. He is extremely cute though!

Hahaha....Adorable names for an adorable little bun. Well copper seems to suit him (he does appear to be a buck).

I've never seen a single tri color around here. There was someone looking FOREVER on craigslist for a tri mini rex though, but it's not posted now so either they found something or they gave up after months of posting, so maybe someone is looking to start them up.

Well he's out of good stock and if the type turns out good on him I'll be asking around to see if anyone could use him, if not he'll make someone an adorable pet.

OneAcreFarm":33t1u583 said:
MamaSheepdog":33t1u583 said:
I vote for "Dollop"!!!
Hey... :evil: ...you are MY sistah, you are supposed to vote for MY choice! LOLOLOL :mrgreen:

Oops, oops! That was merely a typo! :oops: If you look at the keyboard, you can see how easily I could mistakenly type Dollop as opposed to Copper! The letters are practically on top of one another!

MamaSheepdog":1n5o1cd5 said:
OneAcreFarm":1n5o1cd5 said:
MamaSheepdog":1n5o1cd5 said:
I vote for "Dollop"!!!
Hey... :evil: ...you are MY sistah, you are supposed to vote for MY choice! LOLOLOL :mrgreen:

Oops, oops! That was merely a typo! :oops: If you look at the keyboard, you can see how easily I could mistakenly type Dollop as opposed to Copper! The letters are practically on top of one another!

That's what I THOUGHT!...LOL...I am just picking on you. I actually like Dollop too...Copper makes me think of that little dog in Fox and the Hound...remember that?

I'm partial to Doubloon, myself, but it's rude to vote for your own choice... but it has a ready made nickname "Da-Loon". I'll just keep that name for my own crazed future bunny. <Sniff!>

Back