Register

Back again

Site News, Announcements, Posting Guidelines and Introductions.
10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 6,912.00

Back again

Post Number:#1  Unread postby ollitos » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:05 pm

I joined here in 2010 but we never got started with rabbits. Now, we're ready to jump in and start growing meat rabbits. We have a local restaurant interested in 6 rabbits a week so we're starting from there. I've been doing a lot of reading and really appreciate the candor of everyone on this site. It's so comforting to be able to learn from others and I thank you for sharing your experiences.

Sharon

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 22,550.00

Re: Back again

Post Number:#2  Unread postby Secuono » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:31 pm

Welcome! And I am from VA, too!! Where in VA are you? I am in Boston, next to Culpeper.

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 3,016.00

Post Number:#3  Unread postby currituckbun » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:32 pm

Welcome back. I am close to Hampton Roads. I have large meat mutts (New Zealand/California) and I have Silver Fox (also a good meat breed) . Unless you are way out west I might be able to help you out with some breeders and you could help me out with my cage space. I am in a bind right now because of very fertile rabbits and bad planning. :shock:
Right now I have a proven buck NZW 5 mos old that I need to sell because I have 4 bucks. Two too many. I also have two litters of unrelated meat mutts that will be ready to go next week. One litter is from a mom that has had two litters of 11. These are mostly NZW about 1/16 California the father is the NZW buck. The other is a Cali/NZW/Silver Fox mix. They are huge and growing so fast that they have passed the other litter in weight and were born a week later. They were my experiment and I am pleased so far with the results. If you are interested let me know. We will be in Ashland Va next weekend and Massanutten Feb 12. We are those crazy soccer people that go everywhere for a travel team. Mostly up and down to Northern Virginia and sometimes Maryland. I just got into this last summer and this forum has helped me learn so much. Good luck to you in your rabbitry.
My bit of advice, don't name your bucks you won't be able to Freezer camp them if they become redundant. :)

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 87,563.00

Post Number:#4  Unread postby MamaSheepdog » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:59 pm

Hi Ollitos!

How spectacular that you have a buyer lined up already, and will immediately start earning real Bunnybucks!

I wasn't here when you joined, so I'll simply say "Welcome". :)

Have you decided on a breed and/or found a breeder to buy stock from?
Victory Garden Rabbits

Proud new owner of the highly coveted Get-away-with-it-card! (Homer's gift to me in a feeble attempt to curry favor and avoid the ban hammer.)

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery. - Thomas Jefferson

Site Admin
11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 61,414.00

Post Number:#5  Unread postby MaggieJ » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:02 pm

Glad you found your way back, Sharon. :)
Sojourning in 1894 . . .