Curly Popple Brag - show me your popples! =D

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aww- looking good. I thought you "didn't have room" for these? Wormed their way into your heart and home, I see! Good luck on the curly line- I am so excited to see what I get when mine are old enough to be bred.

We decided we were keeping bucks around for unnecessary reasons which was making our rabbit care and space difficult so we culled 4 bucks and now I have 5 kits in one cage. I will probably have to cull one or 2 as they grow. 1 might replace one of the does who currently has to remain penned from the others with one of her daughters (haven't checked genders yet though) and I'm culling a champagne doe for her 4th litter failure so there will be some room to put 1 or 2 doe offspring in the colony for growout. Now if they are all bucks we have a problem.

akane":3tqyd26s said:
We decided we were keeping bucks around for unnecessary reasons which was making our rabbit care and space difficult so we culled 4 bucks and now I have 5 kits in one cage. I will probably have to cull one or 2 as they grow. 1 might replace one of the does who currently has to remain penned from the others with one of her daughters (haven't checked genders yet though) and I'm culling a champagne doe for her 4th litter failure so there will be some room to put 1 or 2 doe offspring in the colony for growout. Now if they are all bucks we have a problem.
Oh I hope they aren't all bucks! Beautiful bunnies, Akane!!! :)

I can see why you kept the broken reddish kit for color; PREEETTY!

__________ Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:25 pm __________

__________ Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:17 am __________

Here are updated pics of my curlies:

__________ Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:04 pm __________
**Calls cajolingly: "Ohhhhh MamaSheeeeepdog!!"**

Your little LPR has morphed into a LIONHEAD look-alike! Even her sire doesn't have a mane that nice. Wow! :D

Sooooo... you can't tell she was ever curly. And her sister was never Astrex coated but I sure like her color and until I get a real Harlequin - she is just as pretty to look at ;)

Attachments

• dumansark_sebastian_ella_blackotter_kit_1-5-12.jpg
    dumansark_sebastian_ella_blackotter_kit_1-5-12.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 1,528
  • dumansark_seb_snlb_kits_122611.jpg
    dumansark_seb_snlb_kits_122611.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 1,528
  • dumansark_sebastian_snipslastbaby_bluekit_1512.jpg
    dumansark_sebastian_snipslastbaby_bluekit_1512.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 1,528
  • dumansark_kerry_abbysharlieboyahar_1512.jpg
    dumansark_kerry_abbysharlieboyahar_1512.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 1,525
  • dumansark_kerryngirls_rumps.jpg
    dumansark_kerryngirls_rumps.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 1,525
  • dumansark_kerrysgirls1812.jpg
    dumansark_kerrysgirls1812.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 1,525
LPR, how could you??? <SOB> I am heartbroken. But you are still very cute!

Here are Feather's kits now:
IMG_4293.JPG
IMG_4265.JPG
IMG_4269.JPG
IMG_4277.JPG
IMG_4287.JPG
IMG_4298.JPG

Can't tell which one is my favorite, can you?

"Can't tell which one is my favorite can you?"
-- BAH HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

Well, that NSB is A CUTIE PIE!! And so little next to the clippers - awww! :)

The castor is a looker too. That Feather throws some pretty babies.

As for that LPR - I know! But that's okay. In a few months she could shed out all her lionfur and look like a normal rabbit. A year from then she could moult her fur and get in curly. Guess we'll just have to see :)

I purposely took that pic of NSB next to the clippers and brush to show how extremely tiny she still is... the brush is the most miniscule slicker I've ever seen- totally useless for all but the tiniest furred critters. The Castor is a handsome little guy too- and they are both so insanely friendly that I think I'm going to need top opening cages or I'll never get the door open once they have some size on them!

I certainly hope LPR reverts to Astrex. Please let her know in the nicest possible way how I feel about her being a "turn-coat".

Btw, Queenpup saw LPR (as she is now, in Lionhead coat) and said "Mom if you buy that rabbit I am going to steal her from you!" I think my bloodline would have to be culled from a responsible breeding program- a proclivity toward petty larceny involving LPR rabbits seems to be an inherited trait.

Latest posts

Back