Register

hello hello!

Site News, Announcements, Posting Guidelines and Introductions.
11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 56,231.00

Re: hello hello!

Post Number:#16  Unread postby Miss M » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:55 am

OneAcreFarm wrote:
Miss M wrote:Welcome, Nathan, and congratulations on the Christmas popples! :razz:

We may eventually try raising catfish in barrels. I wish I liked tilapia... it's so much cheaper than anything else. None of us likes tilapia. Oh, well. :roll:

I am with you Miss M....I don't like the taste either.....

It's so much cheaper than other fish, we've tried and tried and tried to like it... fixing it all different ways. :?
We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties.
- James Madison

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 31,400.00

Post Number:#17  Unread postby OneAcreFarm » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:53 am

Miss M wrote:
OneAcreFarm wrote:
Miss M wrote:Welcome, Nathan, and congratulations on the Christmas popples! :razz:

We may eventually try raising catfish in barrels. I wish I liked tilapia... it's so much cheaper than anything else. None of us likes tilapia. Oh, well. :roll:

I am with you Miss M....I don't like the taste either.....

It's so much cheaper than other fish, we've tried and tried and tried to like it... fixing it all different ways. :?

What you might try that we have found is Swai, another white fish but the meat is more firm and has more flavor. I believe it is an African fish. It is also pretty inexpensive.

http://www.oneacrefarmrabbits.com
~A micro-attempt at self-sufficiency~

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 20.00

Post Number:#18  Unread postby Nathan » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:09 pm

TariLynn wrote:Hello and welcome Nathan!

Hey - I wonder, could we add Tilapia to our pond or would they take over? We have Bass and Blue Gill. Would they survive an Indiana winter?

Tilapia make a good feed for bass but they cant get below 50 degrees. There normal temp is 70-90.

The following user would like to thank Nathan for this post
TariLynn

Previous